Tiger vs. Phil

This is brilliant that they want to bring this type of stuff back.

I think, and golf purists will hate this, but give each player something like 5 "picks" where they get to pick which club the other guy has to use for a shot.  Get fun with it.  Imagine you are up by 5 strokes and the dude that is down makes you tee off with your putter.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Details about Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson's Friday-after-Thanksgiving, $9 million match at Shadow Creek have been released slowly but surely. On Thursday, we continued to get more info—as we have finally found out the official pay-per-view price ($19.99), and what time the event will start (3 p.m. eastern).

In addition, a Turner Sports press release announced Capital One will be the title sponsor of the match, which is officially called "Capital One’s The Match: Tiger vs. Phil." Fans will be able to purchase the match on Turner Sports' Bleacher Report Live, its live-sports streaming service, in addition to AT&T's DirecTV and AT&T's U-verse. According to a press release, HBO Sports will also capture content leading up to the match for its 24/7 reality franchise. It's unclear when that show would be available to watch.

We now know for sure there will not be any tickets sold to the public for the match at ultra-private Shadow Creek, the $47-million manufactured oasis of a golf course built by Tom Fazio in 1990, which is currently No. 26 on Golf Digest's America's 100 Greatest Courses, but has ranked as high as eighth (1993-1994). From an earlier report, we learned that "a small gathering of sponsors and VIPs will be given access" to the course. This is decidedly and purposely a made-for-TV event.

Golf Digest

• 3 weeks later...

If they played for their own money, I would be interested. Even the side bets aren't to be taken seriously. I would rather watch 5 Tour Pros play Wolf or something, with Nassaus to keep guys interested in every shot. Playing with their own money. 

Shadow Creek is mind boggling. I had a GM that was the superintendent there for a few years. He knows Steve Wynn and has told me a few stories. He was able to get me on Shadow Creek about 15 years ago. It is, hands down, the most immaculate place I have ever set foot upon. It's unreal, considering the location. 

Edited by Lonestar_Husker
Not sure, it didn't look right.

• 2 weeks later...