Fisher on Coaching DBs

Say this for Fisher, a second-round NFL Draft pick out of Central Florida in 2002: He makes clear what he expects from his defensive backs — and pulls few punches in doing so.

He expects communication, loud communication. He expects togetherness in his unit, both on and off the field.

He also expects competitiveness — unyielding competitiveness. In that regard, he makes clear his defensive backs will have to earn their way onto the field, the way he did all those years in the NFL. He seems to disdain entitlement, a malady that runs rampant in society. You don’t survive as a corner in the NFL by feeling entitled. You earn your way every day. If a corner gets burned repeatedly in the NFL, he’s gone — often cast aside quickly and unceremoniously.

Some good stuff from DeJuan Groce in this OWH article as well

• Plus1 1

Some kids while in high school are content to be the best in their school and didn't have a coach who pushed them to excel.  Sounds like Fisher isn't going to let anyone slide and not give 100% every minute. Being content gets you 4-8.  Giving 50% gets you 6-6.  Even giving 100% may not get you 14-0 but from now on that is what will be expected.

24 minutes ago, Toe said:

I just wanna know if he's gonna be around next year, or if we're gonna keep going through DB coaches like they're Spinal Tap drummers....

Can't believe I didn't think of this before. It's a lot like Voldemort's DADA professor curse:

harry-potter-defense-against-the-dark-ar

hEC70EB9C

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Toe said:

I just wanna know if he's gonna be around next year, or if we're gonna keep going through DB coaches like they're Spinal Tap drummers....

I soooo badly wanted to insert a Captain America gif from "The Avengers" where he says, "I understood that reference."

But, couldnt find one...sorry...I am not technically savvy enough to make my own and I'm too lazy to find an existing one.  

6 hours ago, Toe said:

@Making Chimichangas Here ya go. Just type "I understood that reference" into Google Image Search, then right-click (touch & hold on phone) the image you want and select Copy Image Location, then paste the URL into the post box on here.

bogr7Pz.gif

But the image you touch and hold to download, it has to be a gif right?

See that's where I was confused, I didn't know you could do that with gifs.

And also, I have been saving images to my phone/computer and then uploading them to tinypic.com, then pasting that url into the link icon here.  Are you saying I can by-pass tinypic and just link the url to it's location?  Isn't that hotlinking?  I thought that was forbidden.  Or am I just woefully behind the times?

It should work the same with JPEGs and GIFs. As far as hotlinking goes, well, it depends on the site I guess. Some webmasters don't like it if you hotlink an image that was uploaded to their site, and set their server to block it. Most will probably never even notice it, though. And if it's already on an image-sharing site like Imgur or Tumblr, it's fine.

I use Imgur a lot (including for that pic), so what I often do is add site:imgur.com to a Google Image Search so that it only shows me pictures from that site. (So the full search would be "I understood that reference site:imgur.com").