Buy In

This is one of the things we talked about in what became the Scott Frost megathread. I believe we even posted some videos. Amazing watching Riley's postgame and then listening to his players in comparison. When you win by 40 and your players are talking about correcting mistakes, you know you have something.

• Plus1 1

"I love football, I love my teammates, I love winning."  Quiet but confident mixed together.  Blending desire with reality.  No smoke.  This audio, combined with the pics/videos of the weight room have me quite pumped up.  I know he is one guy, but gotta feel he is representative of the whole.  This attitude and buy in might be a good basis for why those that left made their choice.

Players have a knack for parroting what the coaches say to them.  I've heard enough talk about how things are improving for the past I don't know, too many years.  I'll buy in to what the players say when I see something of substance on the field.  I place more importance on what the coaches say.  I feel once they get the right players they'll have success since they've already shown that ability.

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Players have a knack for parroting what the coaches say to them.  I've heard enough talk about how things are improving for the past I don't know, too many years.  I'll buy in to what the players say when I see something of substance on the field.  I place more importance on what the coaches say.  I feel once they get the right players they'll have success since they've already shown that ability.

Players make the plays not coaches.  What comes out of the players mouth comes from the coaches.  With that said, they still have to put a product on field that is successful. 

13 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I'll buy in to what the players say when I see something of substance on the field.  

I agree.  I feel like Damon is making way too much out of this interview. That said, I love Mo Berry and hope he does big things the next two years. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, theknife said:

I agree.  I feel like Damon is making way too much out of this interview. That said, I love Mo Berry and hope he does big things the next two years. 

Buy in?    I would have thought by now we'd have heard some real inside news on the team, training, conditioning, etc.  Basically, from what little I have seen on this board, there is basically no news at all.   As the saying goes, "no news is bad news, usually" so it is rather troubling.  

For example, we've heard almost nothing about team and individual performance measures (speeds, heights, weights, weight loss/gains, body fats, times, etc.).   I am sure they are weighing in weekly, etc.   We ought to know if the team, as a group, atleast, is either getting in MUCH better shape or not.   The fact we hear nothing suggests there is not much good to report.  I hope not but?     

7 hours ago, theknife said:

I know!  This has been the most handjobbing I have ever heard/read from the media.  I thought DB was going to Frostgasam after that interview.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Buy in?    I would have thought by now we'd have heard some real inside news on the team, training, conditioning, etc.  Basically, from what little I have seen on this board, there is basically no news at all.   As the saying goes, "no news is bad news, usually" so it is rather troubling.  

For example, we've heard almost nothing about team and individual performance measures (speeds, heights, weights, weight loss/gains, body fats, times, etc.).   I am sure they are weighing in weekly, etc.   We ought to know if the team, as a group, atleast, is either getting in MUCH better shape or not.   The fact we hear nothing suggests there is not much good to report.  I hope not but?     

When have we ever been privy to measurements over the summer?

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

anigif_sub-buzz-22642-1501596259-1.gif?d