Primeknit A1 uniforms

23 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Historically they've sometimes had stripes and sometimes not had stripes. Sometimes even in the same year. 

NU went to no stripes in 1995, and wore those until 2003 (except for the one "gusset" stripe season of 2002).  Callahan put the stripes back on the pants in 2004, because that's how he remembered NU looking.  I grew up with stripes on the pants, but I liked the look of the no-stripes better.

• Plus1 6

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Plus it moves us further away from Wisconsin and creates NU's own identity.

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

Yeah, but I think Nebraska perfected their look in the late 90's.

I think Adidas & Nebraska did a great job with these uniforms. Looks nearly like our uniforms in 95, 97, & during the Crouch years.

In my opinion, and I've said this many times on this board, the 2001 uniforms are the best uniforms in Nebraska's history.

I agree with ColoradoHusk in that I'm glad we will not be so similar to Wisconsin... even though us looking like Wisconsin was not our fault. It was actually Wisconsin & Barry Alverez in the early 90's who changed their uniforms to be more like Nebraska.

• Plus1 3

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Let's look at it from this angle: what's the percent of seasons with stripes and conference/national titles vs. percentage of seasons without stripes and conference/national titles?

I really don't give a rip and find the entire debate over stripes, tire tread, position of Adidas logo, color of shoes....etc....equal to my daughters when they were teenagers getting ready for mid winter formal and debating on what necklace goes with their dresses.

One more thing I roll my eyes at in this debate is the fact that we need to separate our selves from Wisconsin.  THEY are the ones that copied us more than anything.  I really don't care what they do.

• Plus1 6
2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Third post in a row: I like these. Clean look, and the "Adidas" logo on the chest doesn't look nearly as bad as it does on the replica jerseys. 

Plus, #TeamNoStripes

EDIT: Wait, are the helmets a matte white now? 

Hard to tell in those pics but i went back and watched video a few times and you can see the light shine in the clear coat. I do not think they are matte, though I would be down for that. The matte helmets looks really cool imo. 

• Plus1 1