Special Counsel Indicts 12 Russian Intelligence Officers for hacking into Clinton Campaign to influence the 2016 election

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

He absolutely should not, but then again, he never should have anyway. There's zero reason to meet with Putin, let alone meet with Putin just after that NATO summit, let alone meet with him alone with no witnesses.

He made one thug legitimate a month ago - he'll do the same wt Putin.   There is no good reason for him to meet wt Putin.  It only gives Putin a bigger stage.  

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

One might conclude, hearing these allegations, that this was an act of war.

since it was Russia military intelligence...does that mean that article 5 of the NATO treaty is triggered? and his rhetoric at the NATO meetings is even more interesting that we now know that tRUmp was told about these charges ahead of the NATO meetings.

Just read that yes, Article 5 would be pertinent.

And no he shouldn't meet with him, but he especially shouldn't do so alone.  And I have a feeling he will do both.  We should all be fearful of what will happen in that room.  I can only hope that our men and women in the CIA/FBI etc have the capability to record what happens there and use it to protect the United States.  I have no doubt whatever is discussed is not good for us citizens.

• Plus1 2

and here comes the russian cavalry to save the day

House conservatives are preparing a new push to oust Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, according to three conservative Capitol Hill sources — putting the finishing touches on an impeachment filing even as Rosenstein announced the indictment of 12 Russian intelligence officers for interfering in the 2016 election.

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows, in fact, had the impeachment document on the floor of the House at the very moment that Rosenstein spoke to reporters and TV cameras Friday.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/13/house-republicans-rod-rosenstein-impeachment-719816

2 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

More likely I think the bolded are inseparably intertwined. Some day the apologists & truthers will wake up and realize they're in the same boat as the rest of us. They're chuckling and laughing about owning the libs today, but when all is said and done, they'll realize Trump sold us down the river to the oligarchs like the rest of us. They'll have the same boot on their throat, having forfeited yet more power to the wealthy who for all intents and purposes already run everything.

Those people are short-sighted and misguided.

Congressional Republicans? They're just playing the short game. They're convinced any action, any spin, any investigation and any propaganda that benefits the GOP as a party is worth the price. They're willing to spin and lie and mislead people to maintain or increase their own power. But they've been playing with fire playing to the worst fringes of their base for some time now. There's still hope this whole debacle inevitably blows up in their face. Ultimately, they're increasingly left catering to an ever-shrinking tent of hardcore Trumpers, cultural conservatives and single-issue voters. That coalition isn't going to hold up forever.

Thank you for not pointing out that I wrote "conscious" when I clearly meant "conscience."

It won't happen again.

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, commando said:

and here comes the russian cavalry to save the day

House conservatives are preparing a new push to oust Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, according to three conservative Capitol Hill sources — putting the finishing touches on an impeachment filing even as Rosenstein announced the indictment of 12 Russian intelligence officers for interfering in the 2016 election.

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows, in fact, had the impeachment document on the floor of the House at the very moment that Rosenstein spoke to reporters and TV cameras Friday.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/13/house-republicans-rod-rosenstein-impeachment-719816

I wonder if we're gonna be the new Rome. I'm legitimately concerned about us surviving the GOP. I would like to believe that they don't have the numbers to do this.

• Plus1 2

My question is; Is it still a “witch hunt” once actual witches are identified and caught red handed around the brew kettle with their potions at full roil? Shouldn’t that change the phrase to include words like suspects, perpetrators, guilty parties, investigation, legitimate discovery....... In my mind witch hunt equates to a misdirected waste of time. Pretty sure that doesn’t apply here Donnie.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

My question is; Is it still a “witch hunt” once actual witches are identified and caught red handed around the brew kettle with their potions at full roil? Shouldn’t that change the phrase to include words like suspects, perpetrators, guilty parties, investigation, legitimate discovery....... In my mind witch hunt equates to a misdirected waste of time. Pretty sure that doesn’t apply here Donnie.

Your logic and common sense does not fit the narrative.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Your logic and common sense does not fit the narrative.

That must explain my complete disenchantment with our political system and why I, a conservative by nature, cannot stand Trump. If only I could throw logic and common sense out the window.....

I personally believe that Trump wanted that one on one meeting for that purpose.  He wanted to see if Putin would say that.  He has great fear that he DOES have the ability to ruin him.  So...get it out in the open between the two and now Trump can stop wondering.  

Trump's actions at the press conference makes me believe that's exactly what happened and now Trump can do nothing but bow at the great leader's feet.

Game set match.