Husker Dream Team ... On a Budget

$2  Turner Gill
$3  Lawrence Phillips 
$5  Johnny Rodgers
$1  1982 O-line
$4  2009 defense 

Note:  The 1982 O-line at $1 is the best bargain on the board.   Including TE, the '82 O-line had an Outland winner and All American (Remington), a 3rd Team All American (OT Randy Theis) and an Honorable Mention All American (TE Jaime Williams).  Of the six positions (including TE) four were All Conference that year.  /imho

• Plus1 2

1982 OL ... $1

2009 DL ... $4

QB Scott Frost ...  $3

RB Ameer Abdullah ... $2

WR Johnny Rodgers ... $5

I agree with @NUance, the 1982 OL is the steal of this deal for the reasons he outined.  And then the 2009 DL with Suh, that is easily worth 4 bucks.I decided to splurge on Johnny Rodgers for 5 bucks because he is not only a stud WR, but has additional value in the punt return game.  And finally, Ameer and Scott round out my selections because they were (and still are) two of the hardest workers and you know they'll always bring the max effort.

• Plus1 1

On 7/14/2018 at 10:42 PM, Mavric said:

QB   Tommie Frazier  -  He is just a winner   (On the list - I think Gill should be the $4 QB)

RB    Lawrence Phillips  - if not for off field issues - probably a Heisman winner  and perhaps the best ever as he would have had one more year to compete if he didn't leave early.

WR  Matt Davison  - just need a good blocker wt Frazier and Phillips - besides he showed he could catch it when it counted

OL - 1982  - While it is debatable which was better - 83 or 95  for $1 the 82 is the best bargain with little to no drop off.  (boy to have any of those lines now would be amazing)

D  - 1995  -  Defense wins championships and they proved it - consistently.  They dominated and shut down the Florida Fun and Gun.  Suh may have been the best ever defensive player but the 95 D overall was better top to bottom.

• Plus1 1