He's about to hurt some feelings in the Big Ten

The timing of a loss (and, to a degree, who that loss is to) is ultimately what matters in the CFP race, which is why conference champs have been left out.

If the football gods offered us a B1G championship victory but a CFP snub in the next 3-5 years... I'd take it. One of our first goals has to be to raise our floor and our ceiling.

The way the program was headed after last year things were bound to remain bad or get even worse . I have no doubt with the changes made we will see a much better coached , better conditioned, better disciplined and more competitive TEAM on  the field this year .National/conference championship teams take all that plus a few star players,  time, and some luck . We aren’t there yet but as long as we’re headed the right direction we should all be happy . GBR

Good vid btw Dilly .:thumbs

Seems like the theme for this thread is more schematic than intangibles that Frost and his staff bring to the table, so I will try to stick with the theme.

This scheme is really impressive, but I have been studying it before Frost was hired.  It manipulates safeties, creates space for speed, and has exit/safety throws on every play.   This scheme alone will probably win Nebraska a game and a half that they would normally not win.  Everything is easy for the offense and difficult for the defense to adjust to it.   The QB has the hardest job because he has to make good pre snap reads and quick decisions with the football after the snap.  Most of what he reads will be pre snap i.e. 5-man box = run, 6-man box = run/pass, 7-man box = pass.  The old Nebraska offense is hidden in there with triple option on every play.   Old school power with the guard pulling with a QB run off the back end, tackle power with a QB run off of it, and then throw both of those in with a safety bubble....this is the stuff that makes D coordinators heads spin.   I couldnt imagine trying to prepare for this offense.  Its very unorthodox and also "Old School".   Oh and did I mention they snap the ball every 18 secs?  Whoa! 

I think this scheme will put us in games that we otherwise would not be in...just watch. 

• Plus1 6

On 7/18/2018 at 9:37 AM, boach_clack said:

Seems like the theme for this thread is more schematic than intangibles that Frost and his staff bring to the table, so I will try to stick with the theme.

This scheme is really impressive, but I have been studying it before Frost was hired.  It manipulates safeties, creates space for speed, and has exit/safety throws on every play.   This scheme alone will probably win Nebraska a game and a half that they would normally not win.  Everything is easy for the offense and difficult for the defense to adjust to it.   The QB has the hardest job because he has to make good pre snap reads and quick decisions with the football after the snap.  Most of what he reads will be pre snap i.e. 5-man box = run, 6-man box = run/pass, 7-man box = pass.  The old Nebraska offense is hidden in there with triple option on every play.   Old school power with the guard pulling with a QB run off the back end, tackle power with a QB run off of it, and then throw both of those in with a safety bubble....this is the stuff that makes D coordinators heads spin.   I couldnt imagine trying to prepare for this offense.  Its very unorthodox and also "Old School".   Oh and did I mention they snap the ball every 18 secs?  Whoa! 

I think this scheme will put us in games that we otherwise would not be in...just watch. 

Yep. Good post.

On July 18, 2018 at 8:37 AM, boach_clack said:

I'm a huge fan of this offense as well, but it's not the scheme that does this....it's knowing what you're going to do and doing it well that does that. It's Frost's ability to teach it, to staff and players, and develop practice around mastery that makes this an offense that equates to more chances to win.

3 hours ago, brophog said:

I'm a huge fan of this offense as well, but it's not the scheme that does this....it's knowing what you're going to do and doing it well that does that. It's Frost's ability to teach it, to staff and players, and develop practice around mastery that makes this an offense that equates to more chances to win.

Or both?

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Or both?

But nowhere near equal proportions. There are only so many schemes in football, but everyone doesn't have great offenses. It's how you practice that makes the difference, and of course the talent to make it all work.

• Plus1 1