Jump to content

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Lol at this coming from Utter

 

 

 

 

Nick Gates took his time out to like the "didn't lift" post. This whole thing is funny all around.

 

a) Braxton Clark's probably gonna get in trouble 'cause he definitely was acting like he didn't give a sh*t about what they were doing

b) Utter prolly has no room to talk

c) the players from the teams that weren't very good seem very defensive about Frost's comments on lifting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Nick Gates took his time out to like the "didn't lift" post. This whole thing is funny all around.

 

a) Braxton Clark's probably gonna get in trouble 'cause he definitely was acting like he didn't give a sh*t about what they were doing

b) Utter prolly has no room to talk

c) the players from the teams that weren't very good seem very defensive about Frost's comments on lifting.

 

I'm surprised we haven't heard former team captain Alex Lewis chime in with an "I'm sorry we suck."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Scrimmage today?

 

Yes.  Frost talked about it earlier in the week.  Said it would go a long ways toward sorting out the depth chart going into the first game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mavric said:

 

Yes.  Frost talked about it earlier in the week.  Said it would go a long ways toward sorting out the depth chart going into the first game.

And media after the scrimmage? :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

And media after the scrimmage? :-) 

 

Not sure about that.  No one seems to have mentioned it yet so perhaps not.

 

Although there were supposed to be a bunch of former Huskers in attendance today so several media guys are expecting them to give their takes on the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Or was Gebbia running with the second team.

 

 

:o

 

When they got to see practice he was with the 1s. If that was on Tues he was probably with the 2s today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if anyone else feels this way. But I have reached a point now where the message board chatter is just not enough anymore. I need some damn game action. I am tired of talking and speculating- I want to see the new regime kick off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont know if anyone else feels this way. But I have reached a point now where the message board chatter is just not enough anymore. I need some damn game action. I am tired of talking and speculating- I want to see the new regime kick off.

 

 

I’ve felt that way for 3 weeks now. It feels like the time is passing more slowly every day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More live hitting in the past eight months than in the previous three years?  

 

I kind of think so

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

More live hitting in the past eight months than in the previous three years?  

 

I kind of think so

 

 

 

 

I'm guessing so.


But I did watch an interview with Frost yesterday during his UCF time saying he likes to limit it and not have the players follow through on the tackles except during the scrimmages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Fun. Today’s video highlights Lamar Jackson getting cooked by 2 freshman. Martinez to Hunt.

Nice. At some point don’t we look past his measurables and recruiting ranking and admit he is over rated. Maybe he should have played safety? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Nice. At some point don’t we look past his measurables and recruiting ranking and admit he is over rated. Maybe he should have played safety? 

Yes never been overrated because he had never been rated.   The guy just doesn't have it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Yes never been overrated because he had never been rated.   The guy just doesn't have it

Except he was a high 4 star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Nice. At some point don’t we look past his measurables and recruiting ranking and admit he is over rated. Maybe he should have played safety? 

Lets see how he does this year before we decide he can't play rather than the 1 clip. Seems he has been doing well enough to be near the top of the DB performance chart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My goodness. Watching our “classic” against Minnesota from the BO days on BTN and even then we just seemed so much more talented.

 

gregory, Collins, valentine, Anderson, Gerry ... all NFL dudes on D.

 

plus Abdullah on O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

My goodness. Watching our “classic” against Minnesota from the BO days on BTN and even then we just seemed so much more talented.

 

gregory, Collins, valentine, Anderson, Gerry ... all NFL dudes on D.

 

plus Abdullah on O.

There was definitely some top talent, but the team wasn't deep with talent.  The team had 9-3 talent, which is where it finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Except he was a high 4 star

I don't pay attention to stars but he literally has been the worst starting corner we have had in 12 years.  I would find 21 every game if I was the opposing team and tee off on the guy, which happened a ton last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Lets see how he does this year before we decide he can't play rather than the 1 clip. Seems he has been doing well enough to be near the top of the DB performance chart.

 

Especially that clip....he was beat before the ball was snapped. #tempo td 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Except he was a high 4 star

Wasnt he a high 4 star athlete who played quarterback and some safety?  That combo a starting collegiate corner does not always make 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Nice. At some point don’t we look past his measurables and recruiting ranking and admit he is over rated. Maybe he should have played safety? 

 

3 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Yes never been overrated because he had never been rated.   The guy just doesn't have it

 

This is why it's better for fans to have less access to practice than more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Wasnt he a high 4 star athlete who played quarterback and some safety?  That combo a starting collegiate corner does not always make 

Thats a fair point but he is still an elite athlete and if anybody can coach him up its this staff. Reports say he is near the top of the practice performance chart so that bodes well. We should all pray he comes into his own at CB because if he does our secondary will be tough and that is huge considering how bad we were there last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Thats a fair point but he is still an elite athlete and if anybody can coach him up its this staff. Reports say he is near the top of the practice performance chart so that bodes well. We should all pray he comes into his own at CB because if he does our secondary will be tough and that is huge considering how bad we were there last year.

 

It's also important to point out his opposition. We have some freaky fast guys, like Woodyard, and a difficult to diagnose offense. It's a great sign if the offense and defense are trading blows lIke they are, but it also makes it tough for outsiders to get a read on any one player. I'd caution anyone to be careful on deriving conclusions based on the snippets we see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, brophog said:

 

It's also important to point out his opposition. We have some freaky fast guys, like Woodyard, and a difficult to diagnose offense. It's a great sign if the offense and defense are trading blows lIke they are, but it also makes it tough for outsiders to get a read on any one player. I'd caution anyone to be careful on deriving conclusions based on the snippets we see.

QFT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×