Doesn't look good to me at all. DC has really fallen short in putting their universe on the screen compared to Marvel. I grew up knowing only DC characters, reading Superman and Batman comics and watching Superfriends on Saturday morning. Aquaman always seemed like a lame character. They can't make a decent Superman or Green Lantern movie, how is Aquaman supposed to be a convincing hero?

Image result for aquaman super friends

Trailer didn't do much for me, but I could see this being a hit. Seems that any super hero movie that provides something new and has a coherent plot is a hit. Marvel characters have an advantage in that none of the characters had any other marquee films to be compared to. Iron Man, Capt America, Thor etc don't have the comparative iterations that Batman and Superman do.  

1 hour ago, Fru said:

One of Marvel's biggest hits is a raccoon and a talking tree.

60920367.jpg

What's your point?

I thought this would've been obvious based on my sarcasm - there's very little about that movie (in particular, that scene) that makes me think 'coherent plot' and 'Aquaman' will ever legitimately be used in the same sentence.

10 minutes ago, Enhance said:

60920367.jpg

I thought this would've been obvious based on my sarcasm - there's very little about that movie (in particular, that scene) that makes me think 'coherent plot' and 'Aquaman' will ever legitimately be used in the same sentence.

I don't quite understand why you posted the "Not sure if serious" meme in reference to my comment about Guardians of the Galaxy. Any super hero movie can sound ridiculous. You used a meme from a movie where a guy dresses up like a bat and fights a clown. 

Perhaps it'll be a flop, perhaps not. Who knows? I was just saying I could see it doing well since it offers something new. I don't know that 3 seconds of a trailer can determine that the whole plot of a movie is aimless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

The meme was because comparing Rocket/Groot to that goat is a silly comparison, unless that goat is somehow a central and charming character in the plot of what's supposed to be a satirical comedy superhero movie, but I'd be willing to bet Aquaman (and the goat) is... not that. The fact that the meme came from a Batman movie is coincidental - I was either going to go with that or a Futurama meme. :lol:

And it wasn't just three seconds of the trailer - I said "there's very little about that movie (in particular, that scene)." Perhaps I could've been more clear by saying trailer and not movie.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for DC to stop obliterating these movies. Wonder Woman has been the only real installment worth note up to this point, in my opinion, and even it dropped the ball in a pretty big way.

• Plus1 1