Ron Brown Returns to Nebraska as Director of Player Development

2 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

I like the hire, recognize there are those who see the need to point out his comments about ‘the Bible says’. Even with all his accolades, he is not protected from public opinion. Not sure if he was using the university as a platform, but he probably did not think out through.  I guess what bothers me most, is the fact that this is the first thing some people are thinking about, rather than the positives. It’s like there always has to be that guy, who pisses on the campfire. This twitter or should I say tweet from Josh P, almost begs of him needing attention, or listeners to react. I don’t know, SF is the man in charge, lets see where it goes from here. 

In todays world, being Politically Correct, supersedes religious teachings, so to each their own.

Josh P is horrible...I have no clue how that show is still on.  They could have a shoe and a donut hosting that show and it would be, at worst, the exact same as it is now.  Of course I still listen to it because I love local shows.

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

I could see both sides of that, but tend to think he was probably not wanting to give out his personal address.

Regarding this, his address is a matter of public record and could be found by willing parties with about a 30 second search. I don't think that was his intention.

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

I like the hire, recognize there are those who see the need to point out his comments about ‘the Bible says’. Even with all his accolades, he is not protected from public opinion. Not sure if he was using the university as a platform, but he probably did not think out through.  I guess what bothers me most, is the fact that this is the first thing some people are thinking about, rather than the positives. It’s like there always has to be that guy, who pisses on the campfire. This twitter or should I say tweet from Josh P, almost begs of him needing attention, or listeners to react. I don’t know, SF is the man in charge, lets see where it goes from here. 

In todays world, being Politically Correct, supersedes religious teachings, so to each their own.

That's exactly what it is. Josh wanted some clicks. I love the banter between another twitter user who seems to hint at the fact there is an openly gay member on the team and Josh basically says he should call the kid out, or not comment. Funny, the media acts in the exact same vagueness when discussing  "sources" or "insiders". 

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Lots of speculation in this post.

Indeed, but it is an educated and reasonable bit of speculation. It is a bit less reasonable to think that UNL did not consider this issue to be a big deal.

There was a major public uproar that resulted in a press release from the chancellor. It made national news. UNL is a major university that works hard to carefully manage its brand, and at the time they already had a hot-headed football coach that created one negative headline after another. None of that is speculation. It's not far-fetched to guess that the guys behind the scenes were banging their heads against the wall when this occurred.

• Plus1 3

Watching Mavric and Knapp go back and forth is highly interesting.

Two Huskerboard heavyweights just throwing shot after shot.

That being said, I am all for equality. I think making anyone who is different feel less welcome is wrong.

However, from what I have seen from Ron, I dont think it should be a problem. While he might disagree with your sexual orientation, he doesnt strike me as the type of guy that would be disrespectful to your face... however, that doesnt change the fact he might go to a town hall meeting and actively try to get your rights to things like marriage taken away. Thats where the argument for his relationship with Abdullah loses some merit because he wasnt actively trying to stop rights of Muslims.

Ron has done plenty of good that I am not worried about this hire. 

45 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I use a fake address...because I live in a Celebrity Home and I am ashamed of the windows, walls, paint and cabinets.  

thread

My advice: sell that s.o.b. yesterday.  Assuming you are west of 132nd St, that thing will never be worth more!

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Watching Mavric and Knapp go back and forth is highly interesting.

Two Huskerboard heavyweights just throwing shot after shot.

That being said, I am all for equality. I think making anyone who is different feel less welcome is wrong.

However, from what I have seen from Ron, I dont think it should be a problem. While he might disagree with your sexual orientation, he doesnt strike me as the type of guy that would be disrespectful to your face... however, that doesnt change the fact he might go to a town hall meeting and actively try to get your rights to things like marriage taken away. Thats where the argument for his relationship with Abdullah loses some merit because he wasnt actively trying to stop rights of Muslims.

Ron has done plenty of good that I am not worried about this hire. 

I recognize that this thread touches on accepting people for what they are (diversity), but I draw a line in the sand when people like you start making fun of Obese people. Knapp and Maverick have feelings, just like the rest of us. Please refrain from insensitive postings. jk, carry on! By the way, I have a few extra pounds I could shed myself. 

tenor.gif

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, TAKODA said:

I recognize that this thread touches on accepting people for what they are (diversity), but I draw a line in the sand when people like you start making fun of Obese people. Knapp and Maverick have feelings, just like the rest of us. Please refrain from insensitive postings. jk, carry on! By the way, I have a few extra pounds I could shed myself. 

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1