Huskers Dropping Dimes This Year

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

You mean they're not going to use those old, worn out, ugly footballs that Taylor Martinez loved so much?

:lol:

All of our quarterbacks for almost a decade loved those. Zac Taylor, Joe Ganz, Zac Lee, Taylor, and Cody Green all usually had nasty old looking footballs.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

All of our quarterbacks for almost a decade loved those. Zac Taylor, Joe Ganz, Zac Lee, Taylor, and Cody Green all usually had nasty old looking footballs.

I know the kids QB's I coach would much rather use a ball that has been practiced with for a few weeks and is nice and broke in, vs one that is practically brand new. New balls tend to have a slick oil on them for awhile

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Landlord said:

And there's no reason why the equipment guy can't scuff them up for this new bunch of QBs.

• Plus1 1

Although they appear to be the same brand of ball it looks like the new 'dime' balls that will be used in 2018 have the orange leather which I've found to have more tack to them then balls with the more reddish leather (like the photo from the 2016 post). Perhaps they've had this choice all along but just something I noticed as different.