Huskers Add Former UCF Starting Safety Tre Neal As Grad Transfer

9 hours ago, Toe said:

Unsurprisingly, the thread on the UCF board about this is a complete s#!tshow.

Lol I instantly went over to check out the UCF board after I read the news.  I got my fill after 2 or 3 pages and some pretty good laughs at the 'insults' about Nebraska.  I was reading it and saying out loud, "How to people get riled up about this?  It's so dumb!"

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Lol I instantly went over to check out the UCF board after I read the news.  I got my fill after 2 or 3 pages and some pretty good laughs at the 'insults' about Nebraska.  I was reading it and saying out loud, "How to people get riled up about this?  It's so dumb!"

You mean insults about NObraska haha

• Plus1 2

I suppose I shouldn't be mean or care but I think UCF fans are in for a rude awakening this year. I don't think going from Frost to Heupel will be a smooth transition. Their offenses have some things in common but I just find it hard to believe he holds a candle to Frost in any aspect of coaching. I think they'll win 8 games or so.

• Plus1 2

They might get why Frost came back - this is home.

But in their minds, why would anyone else leave the tropical Disney utopia of Orlando, Florida (and their half-full 40K seat stadium)? For a boring flyover tundra? 

They don't see what we see; they don't know what Nebraska was for so long, what was built in the dirt in the 19th and 20th centuries with blood, sweat, and tears. The history of this brutal game, becoming a power of rugged men on the rugged plains before even the forward pass. An old tradition of strength and steadfast determination burning through November winds and December cold, the red N was a symbol of an unstoppable force. Was, and will be again...

• Plus1 3

Bottom line, Frost and Co are doing as promised.  Making changes and turning around a program.  For the first time since Solich IMO, we have a coach and staff with a clearly defined vision and system.  Thy are recruiting, coaching and developing this.......Not approaching Neal continues to show the professionalism and character of this staff.  It also fires another warning shot to the guys on the roster that there are expectations to be met.  Iron sharpens iron.......I like it.  

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I suppose I shouldn't be mean or care but I think UCF fans are in for a rude awakening this year. I don't think going from Frost to Heupel will be a smooth transition. Their offenses have some things in common but I just find it hard to believe he holds a candle to Frost in any aspect of coaching. I think they'll win 8 games or so.

Heupel led Missouri-friggen Missouri to 14th in passing offense, scoring offense, and 4th in passing efficiency.  He's taking over a team that usually has the most talent in their conference. Let's put this in perspective: Missouri was never in the top 50 in any offensive category in 2016.  I feel like people don't realize what heupel did as an offensive coordinator.

15 hours ago, BigRedN said:

The coolest part to me is that Frost and Nebraska initiated nothing ... he just simply appreciate what Frost did for him that he "wanted to help him rebuild what he (Frost) loves back at Lincoln."

If you think about it ... Frost going back to coach UCF and those kids in the bowl ... it might have hurt our recruiting a bit  ... but Neal is coming here because of Frost's commitment to Neal as a player.  

Special ... very special.

Yes, this guy was going to start and UCF made a good DC hire in Shannon, he had plenty of reason to stay in Orlando. But he's still leaving because he he's that devoted to  this staff. It says a lot.  

25 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Heupel led Missouri-friggen Missouri to 14th in passing offense, scoring offense, and 4th in passing efficiency.  He's taking over a team that usually has the most talent in their conference. Let's put this in perspective: Missouri was never in the top 50 in any offensive category in 2016.  I feel like people don't realize what heupel did as an offensive coordinator.

I know all about it. I still think they lose 3-4 games this season.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

And still didn't have a winning record.

4 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

And still didn't have a winning record.

Heupel was the OC.  I never knew the OC had control of the defense??  Anyone that looks at things objectively would know that's a pretty impressive turnaround.  I'm not saying UCF will go undefeated but they should win the conference (more talent than the other teams in the conference)