Dave Ellis Returning To Nebraska As Head Of Sports Nutrition

1 hour ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Thanks.  I was looking back through Toe's link to try and answer HuKSer, but it's pretty much all over the place in terms of where he was and when.  I knew he was definitely here for the glory days.

Thanks that's pretty much what I was looking for. I had found that he left for private business in 2001.

I was actually wondering if he was forced out in one of the regime changes but it looks like he came and went on his own terms.

Edit: I meant to quote In the Deed, but oh well

• Plus1 2

I caught a few minutes of 590 AM yesterday and they were discussing the three pillars or building muscle and strength.  The first two were lifting properly and eating the right foods at the right time.  The third is often overlooked....good sleep.  The body does most of the healing from muscle breakdown during sleep time and cutting it short limits your  gains.  This staff is putting in place all the pieces for success.

6 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I caught a few minutes of 590 AM yesterday and they were discussing the three pillars or building muscle and strength.  The first two were lifting properly and eating the right foods at the right time.  The third is often overlooked....good sleep.  The body does most of the healing from muscle breakdown during sleep time and cutting it short limits your  gains.  This staff is putting in place all the pieces for success.

I tell people that if you want to gain strength they need to eat enough protein, get proper sleep... oh, and you need to lift weights. 

I realize all are infatuated with the hire of Coach Frost, could not agree more.   But this really goes back to the Chanellor and President hiring Bill Moos.  It truly appears that Nebraska wants to be back, want to lead the Nation in every aspect.  I think we finally have the direction changed and will see the results soon.  Possibly better this year than I expect, but in the years to come, I finally feel like Nebraska will return to the upper tier of college football.

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I realize all are infatuated with the hire of Coach Frost, could not agree more.   But this really goes back to the Chanellor and President hiring Bill Moos.  It truly appears that Nebraska wants to be back, want to lead the Nation in every aspect.  I think we finally have the direction changed and will see the results soon.  Possibly better this year than I expect, but in the years to come, I finally feel like Nebraska will return to the upper tier of college football.

I think Moos was a great hire.  But I'm pretty sure any (competent) AD hire would have gone all-in for Frost.

• Plus1 1

Yeah, hiring Frost was an incredibly obvious choice. Moos really couldn't have walked into a better situation in that respect. Credit Moos for actually landing Frost, though - from the sound of things, that was definitely not a given. What I thought was interesting was when Moos was talking about the different approaches required in getting Mike Leach vs Scott Frost. Of course, having a cheat sheet in Osborne and Matt Davison didn't hurt.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Toe said:

Yeah, hiring Frost was an incredibly obvious choice. Moos really couldn't have walked into a better situation in that respect. Credit Moos for actually landing Frost, though - from the sound of things, that was definitely not a given. What I thought was interesting was when Moos was talking about the different approaches required in getting Mike Leach vs Scott Frost. Of course, having a cheat sheet in Osborne and Matt Davison didn't hurt.

Getting him was obvious, the surrounding work before and since, however, should not be considered trivial. 

• Plus1 1

My comments were not just about Moos or his hiring of Coach Frost, it is the fact that for the first time in many years, it appears that Nebraska is putting a real effor to return to what we once were.  It took all aspects to get Coach Frost here, it wasn't just his love for Nebraska.  Committments were made, that gave him proof we were serious.  With out those actions, I really don't believe he would have come.  He had a good thing going at UCF and he loved the kids.  Some things are about more than money.  He is and always has been a winner.  He wanted every opportunity for that to continue.  Nebraska proved they wanted to win.

+

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, skersfan said:

My comments were not just about Moos or his hiring of Coach Frost, it is the fact that for the first time in many years, it appears that Nebraska is putting a real effor to return to what we once were.  It took all aspects to get Coach Frost here, it wasn't just his love for Nebraska.  Committments were made, that gave him proof we were serious.  With out those actions, I really don't believe he would have come.  He had a good thing going at UCF and he loved the kids.  Some things are about more than money.  He is and always has been a winner.  He wanted every opportunity for that to continue.  Nebraska proved they wanted to win.

+

Perlman being gone was the key.

• Plus1 3