Rate the Latest Movies You've Seen

Ant Man and The Wasp - 8/10. Solid plot and action; a nice "palate cleanser" of sorts for the MCU after Infinity War. I liked it better than Ant Man; AM and Wasp work better as protagonists together than just Ant Man on his own. Plus, it has a better villain. Excellent mid and post credits scenes, too. 

(I did a couple searches for a topic like this, but couldn't find one; if there is, please merge this with it.) 

• Plus1 1

Gringo--7/10

Shockingly good cast for a lower budget movie (Joel Edgerton's brother being the director probably helped with some pull).  The plot's a little convoluted at times and I wish the characters were a little more fleshed out but overall it's a pretty good crime/comedy caper.

Red Sparrow--7/10  Jennifer Lawrence and Matthias Schoenaerts are fantastic, Joel Edgerton (weird that I watched B2B movies with him..totally unintentional) was pretty mediocre and he and Jennifer Lawrence didn't have much chemistry.  Francis Lawrence (Hunger Games) did a solid job directing.  At 2:20 the run time is a tick long for me since again, I wish the secondary characters were fleshed out more.  The violence also at times, is almost jarringly over the top.  I would imagine the book the movie is based off of is a really good read and I'll probably check it out.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Ya "Ant-Man And The Wasp" was also the most recent movie I saw.  Such a fun movie, lots of terrific laughs, and oh my stars...Evangeline Lilly ❤❤❤❤

I give AMATW a terrific 9.  Evangeline Lilly absolutely steals the show.

The first Ant Man was funny, but there wasn't enough balance to Scott's humor; AM&TW (and Lilly, in particular) fixed that. 

Saw Ant Man and The Wasp. Liked it a lot, fun movie to see.  The step dad played by Bobby Cannavale might as well as not been in the movie.   I like Micheal Pena's character a lot.  Good post credit scene basically ties it to the recent Infinity War movie. 

Also really like Incredible's 2. 

• 6 months later...