**2018 Nebraska Season Predictions: Call Your Shot**

Project the 2018 season  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What is Nebraska's final record for the regular season?

• 12-0
    • 11-1
    • 10-2
    • 9-3
    • 8-4
    • 7-5
    • 6-6
    • 5-7
    • 4-8
    • 3-9
    • 2-10
    • 1-11
    • 0-12
  2. 2. Where do the Huskers finish in the Big Ten West?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/26/2018 at 04:00 PM

09/01 - Akron W

09/08 - Colorado W

09/15 - Troy W

09/22 - @ Michigan W

09/29 - Purdue W

10/06 - @ Wisconsin L

10/13 - @ Northwestern W

10/20 - Minnesota W

11/03 - @ Ohio State L

11/10 - Illinois W

11/17 - Michigan State L

11/23 - @ Iowa W

• Plus1 1
On 7/23/2018 at 12:50 PM, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya that is a great point!

Wisconsin is actually the easiest team to figure out how to beat. You simply must beat them on the line of scrimmage, both sides of the ball.  That is their game.  If you do that you will beat them.  However this is easier said than done, because it is very evident that they completely hang their hat on being tough up front and disciplined.

With Wisconsin it is not the "mental"block, it is the actual block that counts.

If anything Wisconsin is the one with the mental block.  They are SO close to the top but cant get over the top (yet)

17 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Wisconsin is actually the easiest team to figure out how to beat. You simply must beat them on the line of scrimmage, both sides of the ball.  That is their game.  If you do that you will beat them.  However this is easier said than done, because it is very evident that they completely hang their hat on being tough up front and disciplined.

With Wisconsin it is not the "mental"block, it is the actual block that counts.

If anything Wisconsin is the one with the mental block.  They are SO close to the top but cant get over the top (yet)

We'll beat Wisconsin in the weight room for sure. Duval is going to be a critical part of building the physicality we need to beat those blocks your talking about! 

• 2 weeks later...

My prediction all along has been: Win at home, lose on the road. Except for the last two games (lose to Sparty at home but beat the Hawks on the road).

1 hour ago, Husker03 said:

I got this calendar the day we went to the spring game and filled it out. I know, I know. Supreme homer picks, but the point is, I always believe that anything is possible, and I'm much less crazy now that Frost and Co are captaining the ship. 

called it.jpg

I always put the visitor score first, followed by the home score. So I read this as loses to Akron, Colorado, Troy, Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois. Look like you put the Skers first followed by the opponent, having the Skers go 12-0. I'm not sure which one is crazier! 

I am running with 8-4 at this point with a W in the bowl game to get Frost to 9 wins in his first year. I see the main 3 losses of Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio State and then another game will get them just due to being the first year and inconsistencies. 

But if say Martinez wins the job and plays like a grown man and all these new weapons click and the UCF safety keeps the defense in line on the field I could see us pulling a 9-3 season. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, macroboy said:

The kool-aid is flowing up in here!

Lots of people predicting we beat Michigan. Would love to hear some reasoning behind that.

They think Harbaugh isn't that great and last year shows they are going downhill. I think quite the opposite. Year 4 at Stanford was Harbaughs breakout season. After last year and not beating OSU yet, Harbaugh is under pressure to win and I see him doing so this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them win the BIG if Patterson can play well.

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

They think Harbaugh isn't that great and last year shows they are going downhill. I think quite the opposite. Year 4 at Stanford was Harbaughs breakout season. After last year and not beating OSU yet, Harbaugh is under pressure to win and I see him doing so this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them win the BIG if Patterson can play well.

I'm still confused how they're blending new staff with Harbaugh and Patterson, but I like Michigan a lot. Harbaugh has gotten way too much heat. They needed a QB, and they should have one. I'm hoping they're not too warmed up by the time we get them. It'll be a massive challenge and massive opportunity. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, brophog said:

I'm still confused how they're blending new staff with Harbaugh and Patterson, but I like Michigan a lot. Harbaugh has gotten way too much heat. They needed a QB, and they should have one. I'm hoping they're not too warmed up by the time we get them. It'll be a massive challenge and massive opportunity. 

That is a legitimate question and they still don't have an OC so it should be interesting to see what they do there. The defense will be stellar as always its the offense that will make or break that team

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

That is a legitimate question and they still don't have an OC so it should be interesting to see what they do there. The defense will be stellar as always its the offense that will make or break that team

All of the things you two have pointed out are legit but they have the talent, and enough recent success to say that we are gonna have a hard time there. Harbaugh not beating OSU doesn't seem to be related to our game with Meatchicken at all.

I would say I’m cautiously optimistic and that I’m going with 7 wins because of it. I think there are 5 games that statistics say we should lose and I think we steal one of them while possibly dropping one we shouldn’t. I could see us winning more than that but right now, I need to see some of it to believe it. There are a ton of new players and some serious depth question marks no matter how the writers and coaches try to spin it.

We have untapped talent, we all know that, but I think among those players are guys who were simple recruiting misses. I’m not sure we still have the talent on the team that the recruiting rankings suggest we do because of misses and attrition.

Akron - W

Colorado - W

Troy - W

@Michigan - L

Purdue - W

@Wisconsin - L

@Northwestern - L

Minnesota - W

@Ohio State - L

Illinois - W

Michigan State - L

@Iowa - W

With Riley, I could easily see us losing at least one of those out of conference matchups but I think we will take them all this year. As long as the wheels don’t come off or injuries don’t hit too hard during the early conference stretch, then I think 7 wins is a given.