Will there be war with Iran in the next 4 years?

Will there be war wt Iran in 4 years  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Trump's impulsive, ungrounded, all CAPS tweet today, I have to ask this question.  Will there be war soon wt Iran?

This Vox article points out the 'stupidness' of such a war but Trump has Bolton and his SOS - both neocon's whispering in

his ears.  What Bolton couldn't accomplish under GWB, he'll push under Trump.  Trump, who campaigned on getting out of

wars, seems more like a war monger each day (except towards Putin of course).  His NK strategy doesn't seem to be working

so don't be surprise that in his overly large ego he takes on both of the Axis of Evil - Iran and NK.  He is clueless and may  do so.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/7/23/17602480/trump-tweet-iran-threat-war

Why can't we just leave Iran alone.  We used 911 as a sketchy justification to declare war on Iran and topple their government.  That war was because the U.S. Powers-that-be (read: the POTUS) had an ax to grind with Irannot because Iran had anything to do with 911 or had any hidden WMD.  The lobbyists and U.S. politicians at their behest who started that war should be jailed for treason.  /jmho 

btw,  Did we ever find those weapons of mass destruction?  Any of them?  Our search for the Iranian WMDs was about like O.J. Simpson, upon his acquittal, saying that he was going to continue the search for his wife's killer. Just how gullible is the American public anyway? It saddens me.  /shakes head

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, NUance said:

Why can't we just leave Iran alone.  We used 911 as a sketchy justification to declare war on Iran and topple their government.  The lobbyists and U.S. politicians at their behest who started that war should be jailed for treason.  /jmho 

btw,  Did we ever find those weapons of mass destruction?  Any of them?  Our search for the Iranian WMDs was about like O.J. Simpson, upon his acquittal, saying that he was going to continue the search for his wife's killer. Just how gullible is the American public anyway?  /shakes head

um... you're thinking of Iraq.

And no, there were no WMDs.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

um... you're thinking of Iraq.

And no, there were no WMDs.

You're right.  I'm still seeing red over that, enough that I don't discern between Iraq and Iran.  :blink:

I am currently working wt a guy from Iran and have known others.  The people I've met from Iran have all been good, nice, honorable people - with same aspirations as American families.  

But the big oil interests, Great Brittan and the USA started meddling in Iranian internal issues back in the late 1940s and 50s. The Shaw was installed as a Western puppet.  When he was overthrown in 1979 - everything has been a mess.   So now we got hardliners who aren't supported by much of the population but they have no other choice.  This is foreign policy gone from bad to worse and wt Trump - "worser". 

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Where's the "No - Trump is a blowhard who says lots of nonsense and then pretends he didn't"?

Implied in # 3 - he'll get removed for severe incompetence. 

this is all trump creating a crisis that "only he can resolve".  then he will declare peace or victory or something after talking with someone with nothing real done and his supporters will declare that he deserves a nobel prize.    and all the while it diverts from his putin puffing.

I think Trump would like a war ,as a way to show how “tough” he is , to convince his base he’s “getting things done” , and of course to distract from all the bad things swirling around him . Normally  I would have faith that someone would stop him, but I haven’t seen that happen,  no matter what he does . We don’t need any more wars and Iran in particular would be a disaster . I hope it doesn’t happen . 

• Plus1 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I tend to slot Taylor into the liberal fever dream category of people I've stopped paying attention to on Twitter, but if that happened to be true and Mueller/others can prove it, oh boy...

I totally agree. I'm definitely taking everything he says with a grain of salt. But like you said, if it can be proven, oh boy...