Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Self-preservation. I don't mean to overly simplify the equation, but this is capitalism at work. The coach's job security and paycheck depends on winning, which leads to putting ethical behavior as a lower priority -- meanwhile the journalists job security and paycheck depends on keeping the powerful people (coaches) around them happy, so they can keep access to the program to write good stories, which leads to the existence of 'beat' writers who can't afford to risk their own necks. Everyone not well off in the equation has gotta put food on the table, and everyone in positions of power in the equation also have the intoxicating effect of the Ego, which can supersede everything else.

ESPN fired McMurphy - they probably don't want to blatantly advertise that someone they let go is still breaking important news on his own without an employer.

He's also just awaiting the end of this month to take a new job with The Athletic.  His non compete clause ends August 31st and they don't want anyone to know one of their former employee's is actually breaking a big time story against one of their media darlings(and former co workers) after they let him go.

Is Zach Smith alleging mutual violence?

Statement from Brad Koffel, Zach Smith's attorney, to ESPN's Dan Murphy: "Zach Smith wants to be as transparent and honest as possible but it is not going to be done today through the media. It will only be after he and his ex-wife are sworn in to testify. Once he gets his chance to tell his side of events, don’t be surprised when it is corroborated by every police who ever responded to Ms. Smith’s calls."

LINK

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

LINK

He might be, but this is coming from the same attorney who decided to seal the divorce documents just to keep his client in a job(which failed once it came to light).  It's quite interesting how a previous police filing originally had "arrested" checked and just last week that same police filing was unchecked after.  Looks to me like someone "fixed" that report to help an OSU coach being portrayed in a bad light.

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

LINK

I am not saying she is an angel, but has his lawyer seen those pictures?

Regardless of what she did, he still caused serious damage. 

Unless she has a gun pointed at your head, you have the choice to walk away.

Again, not saying she is right in this situation. She certainly could be very in the wrong as well, but just because she was wrong doesnt suddenly make him right.... it just makes them both wrong.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Yea Urban aint going any where.  Not this may cause some health issues and he just may retire to spend time with his family again..

This is way more serious than Tressel in the world at large, forget the silly NCAA and tattoo-gate. OSU has to do something.  You don't mess with domestic violence cover ups.

• Plus1 3
35 minutes ago, runningblind said:

This is way more serious than Tressel in the world at large, forget the silly NCAA and tattoo-gate. OSU has to do something.  You don't mess with domestic violence cover ups.

I still don't know where I stand on this as it relates to Urban keeping his job. However, when you say cover up, do you mean he had the police cover up the domestic violence charges? Urban told reporters that he didn't know about the 2015 incident even though it looks like he did. He kept someone that has been accused of domestic violence under his staff.

So, at this point he is guilty of lying to reporters and keeping someone that has been accused of domestic violence on his staff. 

6 minutes ago, jaws said:

I still don't know where I stand on this as it relates to Urban keeping his job. However, when you say cover up, do you mean he had the police cover up the domestic violence charges? Urban told reporters that he didn't know about the 2015 incident even though it looks like he did. He kept someone that has been accused of domestic violence under his staff.

So, at this point he is guilty of lying to reporters and keeping someone that has been accused of domestic violence on his staff. 

Under title 9 he should have been reporting to proper authorities since 2009. The 2015 incident was also mandatory for both he and his wife Shelley to report to proper authorities. It is in direct violation of tOSUs title 9 handbook. 

• Plus1 3