Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Under title 9 he should have been reporting to proper authorities since 2009. The 2015 incident was also mandatory for both he and his wife Shelley to report to proper authorities. It is in direct violation of tOSUs title 9 handbook. 

Right but we don't know at this point if either one of them did report it. Urban's wife, if she was an employee of the school at the time, should have reported the situation without telling Urban. 

1 minute ago, jaws said:

She should have reported the issue to the proper department. I don't think Urban is in that department. 

Here's OSU's Title IX reporting guidelines. Nothing in here tells me she can't report to Urban.

RCrm7BL.png

And I think if that's the explanation - that she should have reported to a Title IX Coordinator or HR, didn't, and therefore Urban's off the hook - that's not going to fly with federal Title IX investigators.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here's OSU's Title IX reporting guidelines. Nothing in here tells me she can't report to Urban.

And I think if that's the explanation - that she should have reported to a Title IX Coordinator or HR, didn't, and therefore Urban's off the hook - that's not going to fly with federal Title IX investigators.

I didn't say Urban was off the hook. I said that she should have reported it, which the schools hasn't said if she did or not. Once Urban knew, he should have reported it. 

Maybe I should ask the Title IX lawyers about this during my next training session. 

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=24256862

Brett is on the Finebaum show. You can tell this story bothers him and he's taking it personally. He also claims that he has hundreds of texts and dozens of pics, not just what he's posted. He said everything is sourced. Texts. Pics. Not a single anonymous source. He told Courtney Smith that he would not post anything that wasn't verified, and that's what got her to open up. He said he left out quite a bit that pains Smith as a POS but he didn't feel like it was illegal or impeachable.

He said he knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that every single coach and their wives were aware of the abuse going on. Some of these people were with Urban when he was at Utah and even prior to that. He said Urban not knowing what happens requires you to believe that everyone that knows Urban and works with him was universally aware of this and simply didn't tell him.

*Taken from reddit, but I recommend listening to Brett on the Finebaum show

• Plus1 4

Ohio State fired their whole Title IX staff last month. This University has a whole host of problems. This story involving Urban Meyer right before the season starts is simply going to exacerbate the existing problems: the wrestling team, the marching band, their Title IX office.... it is all a mess.

This isn't as bad as the Baylor scandal, but since OSU and Meyer are so much bigger names than Baylor and Briles, it could be just as messy.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180624/ohio-state-closes-failed-program-takes-another-hard-look-at-title-ix-policies 

39 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=24256862

Brett is on the Finebaum show. You can tell this story bothers him and he's taking it personally. He also claims that he has hundreds of texts and dozens of pics, not just what he's posted. He said everything is sourced. Texts. Pics. Not a single anonymous source. He told Courtney Smith that he would not post anything that wasn't verified, and that's what got her to open up. He said he left out quite a bit that pains Smith as a POS but he didn't feel like it was illegal or impeachable.

He said he knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that every single coach and their wives were aware of the abuse going on. Some of these people were with Urban when he was at Utah and even prior to that. He said Urban not knowing what happens requires you to believe that everyone that knows Urban and works with him was universally aware of this and simply didn't tell him.

*Taken from reddit, but I recommend listening to Brett on the Finebaum show

They are so effed.

Here's something I never thought I'd say, I am now listening to 97.1 the fan, a Columbus-based radio station.