Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

A side issue to this is and what likely led to the mess is the prevalent nepotism and good ol' boy network there seems to be in CFB. Too much authority is given to head CFB coaches on who they hire.  Seems head coaches put family members on their staff and they are paid handsomely.  Really, do you think Zack Smith could find a job outside of football making $3-400K a year?  I heard Urban's son in law is on staff too.  Not a good situation if the son in law f's up and then Urban is in uncomfortable position.

It occurs everywhere. In fact, the same can be said about Frost and Nebraska. In business, everyone knows you hire people you know and trust. 

18 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Entitled? No way. I think he's guilty as hell. But I think they agree to a buyout to make this go away as quickly and quietly as possible. 

But if he is fired for cause, which the university has right now, he is not owed anything at all. So, I don't think Ohio State negotiates a buy-out deal under the table while this scandal, cover-up, whatever you want to call it is brought to light. Ohio State is performing damage control right now. It would make zero sense to negotiate anything with someone who is being investigated for covering up a CRIME.

1 hour ago, Creed said:

We don't know what Shelly did or didn't do related to the pictures.  Who knows what the circumstances were.  Maybe Urban previously told her keep him out of coach wife drama.  Shelly might not have wanted to bother Urban (which would be a serious lapse in judgment).

Ha...This is AWESOME!

Recreate how you think it went down...I will start you off.  Shelly gets those pictures tweeted to her by her friend, showing how she is beat to s#!t...And ACTION...

Just now, FTW said:

But if he is fired for cause, which the university has right now, he is not owed anything at all. So, I don't think Ohio State negotiates a buy-out deal under the table while this scandal, cover-up, whatever you want to call it is brought to light. Ohio State is performing damage control right now. It would make zero sense to negotiate anything with someone who is being investigated for covering up a CRIME.

I mean, we'll see how it goes. But if he is fired for cause, even if it is justified, a lawsuit from Urban Meyer is almost certain to follow. He would lose said lawsuit, but it would be messy and noisy in the meantime.

And I don't believe any criminal matter is the central issue. It is a matter of policy and contract violations. 

15 minutes ago, FTW said:

It occurs everywhere. In fact, the same can be said about Frost and Nebraska. In business, everyone knows you hire people you know and trust. 

My small private company (I am part owner) has a nepotism policy.  It is strictly adhered to.  As an owner I pushed for my wife (now ex) to fill in temporarily for an open position and was told no.  State universities should have more stringent hiring and personnel policies than my little company. 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha...This is AWESOME!

Recreate how you think it went down...I will start you off.  Shelly gets those pictures tweeted to her by her friend, showing how she is beat to s#!t...And ACTION...

I am not going to recreate it bc I don't know all the facts.  As my first post stated, if the evidence shows he knew the extent of abuse and did not report it, he should be terminated.

14 minutes ago, Creed said:

My small private company (I am part owner) has a nepotism policy.  It is strictly adhered to.  As an owner I pushed for my wife (now ex) to fill in temporarily for an open position and was told no.  State universities should have more stringent hiring and personnel policies than my little company. 

That's what's great about owning your own company. You can make up your own rules. As for corporations or public companies, nepotism is something a lot of people are well aware of. It's not as bad as it used to be since diversity is being practiced more today.

58 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ha...This is AWESOME!

Courtney: man you see these pictures yet?

Shelly: no, thats wild, who'd you get to do your make up for Halloween?

Courtney: thats not makeup, my husband beat the hell out of me!!!

Shelly: i dont know what to think, i'll talk to Urb.

Courtney: ok

Shelly: Urb says he doesn't know what to think, he just got off the phone with Zach and he denies it

Courtney: he can't be that stupid can he?

Shelly: I have to go, we never spoke about this and Urban was never really here, I just said that to get you to go away

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Enhance said:

Theoretically, they could fire the whole staff, and I think making Day the interim says a lot.

There are two arguments posted commonly on this.

The one you're referring to, that they made the new guy the interim in the case others knew. The second one is that they made the guy with a good reputation the interim, as many coaches on that staff already have their own PR issues. 

47 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

You know you messed up when a Paterno comes to your defense.:facepalm:

This entire thing has had a narrative framed from the start assuming Meyer needs fired. We've skipped the process entirely. Let it play out, get all the facts on the table and then take appropriate action. We as societies invented complex systems of governing ourselves because lynch mobs were a problem, why in the Internet age are we reverting.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, brophog said:

This entire thing has had a narrative framed from the start assuming Meyer needs fired. We've skipped the process entirely. Let it play out, get all the facts on the table and then take appropriate action. We as societies invented complex systems of governing ourselves because lynch mobs were a problem, why in the Internet age are we reverting.

Isnt this entire thing pretty cut and dry? If Urban reported to the proper authorities as he is obligated to do couldn't the school pull those up really quick? I mean I hope it isnt so common for them that they have massive stacks of things reported by their faculty. 

I think it would he different if it was a coach that wasnt viewed as shady AF. Urban doesnt run a clean program. Look at Florida. That's who he is, look at his new contract that addresses uncovered title IX issues at tOSU or any other organization regarding failure to report. Not sure why Urban would even sign that. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Isnt this entire thing pretty cut and dry? If Urban reported to the proper authorities as he is obligated to do couldn't the school pull those up really quick? I mean I hope it isnt so common for them that they have massive stacks of things reported by their faculty. 

I think it would he different if it was a coach that wasnt viewed as shady AF. Urban doesnt run a clean program. Look at Florida. That's who he is, look at his new contract that addresses uncovered title IX issues at tOSU or any other organization regarding failure to report. Not sure why Urban would even sign that. 

There is an argument floating around on OSU forums that say:   "Urb 'did' report it, but the paperwork must not have been handled correctly or entered.   The title IX department was not good, that's why we had to replace the entire staff just a month ago, they weren't doing there job"   It's complete bunk by blind OSU fans, but it's something they are throwing out to defend Urban.  Using the horrific story of the doctor and the coverup with him and the previous Title IX department as a way to defend Urb is disgusting.

• Plus1 1