Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, sho said:

There is an argument floating around on OSU forums that say:   "Urb 'did' report it, but the paperwork must not have been handled correctly or entered.   The title IX department was not good, that's why we had to replace the entire staff just a month ago, they weren't doing there job"   It's complete bunk by blind OSU fans, but it's something they are throwing out to defend Urban.  Using the horrific story of the doctor and the coverup with him and the previous Title IX department as a way to defend Urb is disgusting.

Gene Chizik talked on college football live about the responsibilities of a HC....he lays it out pretty clear regarding what a HC job is on and off the field. Gene was only a decent HC because of his OC and QB but his story post firing is pretty interesting. 

He also said that if he had an intern that beat his wife in 2009 he would no longer have a job on his staff. He said that isnt the same line for everyone but that it is cut and dry for him. 

7 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I just want to see them poach Harbaugh from Michigan and watch the world burn:)

I'd like to see me have a house on Mars with my own private city, but it's just something that could never happen given the over all circumstances and laws of universal reality.

Also FREE URBAN!!

small troll job

11 minutes ago, Michiganball said:

I'd like to see me have a house on Mars with my own private city, but it's just something that could never happen given the over all circumstances and laws of universal reality.

Also FREE URBAN!!

small troll job

Hell, for you, i deem you worthy enough to have a house on mars and your own city.  As for the oxygen, that'll cost ya bud.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Creed said:

I don't know.  I am sure Urban is an extremely busy man dealing with 80+ players, lots of coaches, AD & university folks, on the road recruiting, PR appearances, etc.  Does he need to be involved all these people's personal matters especially if it's a recurring marital discord matter?  Maybe Shelly and other's didn't want to bother him with this matter again.  They downplayed or misinterpreted the serious nature of the matter.

In many cases, I would agree with you, but a subordinate assaulting his wife is the kind of secret that usually finds its way up the ladder, particularly when your subordinate gets a divorce.

Viewed through a different lens, turn parts of your post on their heel a bit: he probably spends more time with these coaches than his family. Flying, meals, hotel stays. We know many of their wives were aware of these problems and we know Urban's own wife was aware. People talk.

That text exchange doesn't prove Urban saw any texts or photos.  It proves in my opinion he is aware of a situation between Zack and Courtney and Urban asked Zach about it which Zack denied.

One could also easily argue it's Urban's job to know these things. If he was aware, and did notthing other than ask him about it, it's gross negligence. Urban Meyer doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to not demand control of every situation.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Hell, for you, i deem you worthy enough to have a house on mars and your own city.  As for the oxygen, that'll cost ya bud.

Thank you I am looking forward to my red domain. So anything is possible then. I would hold a fire hose to save some deli's if Ann Arbor burned. Anyway, It's always the Oxygen on Mars, in case I came short on some bills..........................

Save Mary at least....

16.gif

Sorry for the hijack

Save URBAN!!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Michiganball said:

Thank you I am looking forward to my red domain. So anything is possible then. I would hold a fire hose to save some deli's if Ann Arbor burned. Anyway, It's always the Oxygen on Mars, in case I came short on some bills..........................

Save Mary at least....

16.gif

Sorry for the hijack

Save URBAN!!

Unfortunately we have a man with 3 boobs and a woman who did it, they all reside on earth.

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, FTW said:

They're receiving too much negative press. They need to get ahead of that and the right thing to do is to terminate Urban Meyer for cause. The university will then save $38+ million by doing so. I believe Ryan Day will be the interim HC of the Buckeyes moving forward.

Yes, the situation screams complicity and cover-up, now they'll try to save face and money by firing Urban for cause. Ryan Day is an up-and-comer, there is a reason they jumped him over Kevin Wilson to keep him from heading elsewhere.  Maybe he holds on to the gig. Thought Schiano might get it but looks like the Tennessee fiasco and what he might have known at PSU will keep haunting him. Still don't see why Alex Grinch gave-up the momentum he had going as Wazzou's DC to be co-DC to a guy that could well be stuck where he's at.

All this reteric flying around. Non OSU fans of course want to see Meyer gone. I (Husker Fan since 1958) however don’t,  even though it doesn’t look good for him with current information we have.  I’d rather see him stay. It only makes the B1G stronger. OSU no matter what will always be a big dog (Blue Blood).  Yeah, they may fall a little with hard times. Like all Blue Bloods do but, History indicates that they will still be a team to be reckoned with just like Penn State. Hopefully, Nebraska will resurface and claim their spot among the elite. As a true fan of college football, I’d rather face OSU with Urban then without him. Then a victory would be earned. Right now the B1G is the best conference. Losing Meyer can only hurt the conference as a whole. If he’s guilty of a cover up then he should go. Just like Paterno. Justice will prevail. I hope it’s in favor of keeping Meyer where he is. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, 1HuskrFan said:

All this reteric flying around. Non OSU fans of course want to see Meyer gone. I (Husker Fan since 1958) however don’t,  even though it doesn’t look good for him with current information we have.  I’d rather see him stay. It only makes the B1G stronger. OSU no matter what will always be a big dog (Blue Blood).  Yeah, they may fall a little with hard times. Like all Blue Bloods do but, History indicates that they will still be a team to be reckoned with just like Penn State. Hopefully, Nebraska will resurface and claim their spot among the elite. As a true fan of college football, I’d rather face OSU with Urban then without him. Then a victory would be earned. Right now the B1G is the best conference. Losing Meyer can only hurt the conference as a whole. If he’s guilty of a cover up then he should go. Just like Paterno. Justice will prevail. I hope it’s in favor of keeping Meyer where he is. 

I cant speak for anyone else but if he did what he was suppose to do I believe he should stay as well. Everything that continues to come out however tells me he covered s#!t up. The longer this goes the more skeletons will be shown to the public dating back over the last decade. It's going to get worse not better. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, 1HuskrFan said:

OSU will still be good without Meyer. They will get a good coach. Between Sandusky, Nassar and now this the conference is getting a bad look. 

• Plus1 1