Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This story has taken strange turns I did not expect.

This Snook guy seems like a d bag. I like how at the beginning he said he "confirmed" that Tom Herman was Brett McMurphy's source, but then in no way substantiates that at all. No real evidence or anything, just reasons why Tom Herman may not like Ohio State.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

This story has taken strange turns I did not expect.

This Snook guy seems like a d bag. I like how at the beginning he said he "confirmed" that Tom Herman was Brett McMurphy's source, but then in no way substantiates that at all. No real evidence or anything, just reasons why Tom Herman may not like Ohio State.

When media takes a twit(twitterer) as fact and posts just to have a breaking story with no fact checking, we know there's issues in believing the garbage they put out.  It's not just this, im finding news articles everywhere using tweets as actual news.

Herman pretty much dodged the question. On one hand, it was a Texas press conference, and I can understand him not wanting to comment on another program, especially since there's an ongoing investigation. On the other hand, he still kinda makes you wonder how much he'd heard, even if he had no direct involvement.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:52 AM, MLB 51 said:

Reminds me of when Charlie Sheen was on Two and a Half Men. Holds a knife to his wife's throat? "This is a very private matter, and we're going to let them work things out without our interference." Makes fun of the producer? "FIRED!"

• Plus1 3

Snook hasn't really produced any substantial evidence. He has had Zach's Mom (obvious reasons to lie) and Courtney's Mom (reportedly estranged/strained relationship) saying it is a conspiracy. His claim about Herman is weak at best.  McMurphy has shared text messges, has police reports/court documents and on the record reports from Courtney. Not to mention he already shared text messages that makes Courtney's mom look like a liar. McMurphy has much better and more substantiated reporting. Snook looks like a fan trying desperately to save his team's coach. He has probably shown enough doubt to save Urban, but in my mind, Zach did this, Urban helped cover it up and Courtney is getting victim shamed by a bad reporter and fans for coming forward. 

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Snook looks like a fan trying desperately to save his team's coach.

This is kind of what I was thinking as I read Snook's post. McMurphy's seemed like someone reporting what they've discovered from records and interviews. Snook's sounds like Joe Pesci giving his opening argument in My Cousin Vinny.

"Everything that guy just said, is bull s#!t."

Ultimately, Snook may be right. But it's not because of any agenda on McMurphy's part.

And whoever tipped McMurphy off doesn't have anything to do with what Zach Smth did.

• Plus1 6

Some of the fans of tOSU are worked up about this.  I regularly post on BuckeyePlanet, and it's getting interesting over there (visit the Urban Meyer thread).

Needless to say, that this investigation needs to be over for them soon. 

I don't trust EITHER man's story in this.  Seems to me that both reporters are using the situation to get some light nationally.  Bringing Tom Herman and his folks into this only makes things look extremely reality show-ish.

Most of their fans admit that if the investigation uncovers a cover up of any kind, they're not going to tolerate that and Meyer should be gone.  However, some are hanging on every word that Snook and McMurphy put out there.  Once the investigation started, however, what either of these clowns put out there have zero bearing on the situation.

Here are the facts (at face value, here):

1. Meyer wasn't completely truthful during Media Days.  Fact.

2. McMurphy has changed his story on the Book of Faces since first published.  Fact.

3. If Meyer indeed reported any incidents to the appropriate individuals at the university, worst he would have done is lied to the media.  Fact.

4. Courtney and Zach Smith have had a very volatile relationship that seems to have spilled over into the public eye.  Fact. 

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

I don't trust EITHER man's story in this.  Seems to me that both reporters are using the situation to get some light nationally.  Bringing Tom Herman and his folks into this only makes things look extremely reality show-ish.

It's coming very close to a witch hunt. Some people want Urban gone and they're using this as a means to do so. There is barely a hint at this point that this is about domestic violence. The problem is there was never enough of a story to maintain the fervor. Without that, reporters have been forced to grow increasingly tangential to keep this story in the news. 

• Plus1 1