Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, nic said:

OSU has to be worried about what info McMurphy hasn't presented yet. My guess is that they say Urbs reported it but the title IX group they just fired dropped the ball. It's easy to blame the guys who are no longer there. McMurphy should find them and do some interviews to see if they knew.

Based on how McMurphy has approached this story and gathered details in a professional and meticulous manner, I wouldn't be shocked if he's not already interviewed whomever he could, but already has the story written and ready to be launched. 

He honestly seems to be a few steps ahead of tOSU on all of this. All tOSU has is homers trying to use obfuscation tactics to try and misdirect folks.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Then you needed to RTFA and the follow-up.

Zach Smith was having intimate relations with a tOSU staff member while he was married--that's who the toys were for. The staffer was allegedly reassigned into another position at tOSU after the affair, and subsequent attempts by McMurphy to find out the employment status of the staffer that banged Zach Smith have met with conflicting information by tOSU. This shows:

• Someone within the tOSU coaching staff knew of the issue to where they reassigned (or possibly terminated?) the staffer, but still kept Zach Smith on the payroll. 
  • If the staff member that staffed Zach Smith's member was reassigned without tOSU's administration knowing why, or the reassignment/termination reason was listed as something other than having to deal with the inappropriate relationship, then this would imply that tOSU was covering this up as well, likely because of knowledge of the on-going issues between Zach Smith and his wife. 
  • Depending on how this was handled, this, too, could potentially be another Title IX violation for tOSU and Urban's staff. 

This isn't McMurphy airing dirty laundry--it's McMurphy showing there potentially is a pattern of deceit by tOSU management and leadership in covering for Zach Smith's personal failures, with the University and/or Coaching Staff being complicit. 

Good explanation. I was struggling to see how the sex toys being delivered to his office had much more of a connection. I think him having sex with a staffer at the office says something.

Didnt realize the "toys" were for the staffer who as you said was reassigned or terminated which could have shown that they knew and yet did nothing to resolve the real problem(Smith).

Makes more sense.

I still think McMurphy is going a bit scorch earth and all the evidence is coming from the ex-wife who probably wants to ruin Smiths life and everyone else. 

McMurphy might be a pawn in her game but if he is doing his part and checking the information then he is in the clear.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Good explanation. I was struggling to see how the sex toys being delivered to his office had much more of a connection. I think him having sex with a staffer at the office says something.

Didnt realize the "toys" were for the staffer who as you said was reassigned or terminated which could have shown that they knew and yet did nothing to resolve the real problem(Smith).

Makes more sense.

I still think McMurphy is going a bit scorch earth and all the evidence is coming from the ex-wife who probably wants to ruin Smiths life and everyone else. 

McMurphy might be a pawn in her game but if he is doing his part and checking the information then he is in the clear.

This is something that I haven't fully understood.

People keep questioning the legitimacy of the photos and texts, or at least state how easy it would be to fake the text and how can you prove otherwise? Wouldn't it take a competent lawyer all of 15 minutes to make some sort of claim of doctored documents, if in fact they weren't true? Request call or text records from the carrier, I just don't see how a lawyer would allow his or her client's name to be drug through mud if in fact the screenshots were not actual messages received. 

I'd also imagine that Brett is smart enough not to utilize any falsified, manufactured, or photo shopped evidence. 

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Then you needed to RTFA and the follow-up.

Zach Smith was having intimate relations with a tOSU staff member while he was married--that's who the toys were for. The staffer was allegedly reassigned into another position at tOSU after the affair, and subsequent attempts by McMurphy to find out the employment status of the staffer that banged Zach Smith have met with conflicting information by tOSU. This shows:

• Someone within the tOSU coaching staff knew of the issue to where they reassigned (or possibly terminated?) the staffer, but still kept Zach Smith on the payroll. 
  • If the staff member that staffed Zach Smith's member was reassigned without tOSU's administration knowing why, or the reassignment/termination reason was listed as something other than having to deal with the inappropriate relationship, then this would imply that tOSU was covering this up as well, likely because of knowledge of the on-going issues between Zach Smith and his wife. 
  • Depending on how this was handled, this, too, could potentially be another Title IX violation for tOSU and Urban's staff. 

This isn't McMurphy airing dirty laundry--it's McMurphy showing there potentially is a pattern of deceit by tOSU management and leadership in covering for Zach Smith's personal failures, with the University and/or Coaching Staff being complicit. 

If RTFA means read the article, I did and I disagree with the necessity of exposing this information now.  Why not all at once at the beginning. Seems like a cat and mouse game for the journalist and revenge for the wife. Just what it seems to me.  And then you have to wonder why?  I get it's a big story for a journalist in a competitive environment, but this is the part I don't understand- why reveal items it the manner he is? Is he asking for extortion money? Is he reveling in the attention?  Is he learning more info as he goes?  And I hope she's getting paid by someone because Zack Smith's earning potential just fell off a cliff.

And how many ball holders-or whatever those dohickies are-does one man need? You don’t find that a little suspicious? 

Not to deflect from OSU & Urban domestic violence saga, but where was the media outrage when the 6'4" 280 lb 5* Mississippi State recruit was caught on video throwing haymakers at a defenseless woman laying on the ground?  I think he got a 1 game suspension against FCS/Sunbelt team and Mullen faced very little scrutiny.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Creed said:

Not to deflect from OSU & Urban domestic violence saga, but where was the media outrage when the 6'4" 280 lb 5* Mississippi State recruit was caught on video throwing haymakers at a defenseless woman laying on the ground?  I think he got a 1 game suspension against FCS/Sunbelt team and Mullen faced very little scrutiny.

Not doing a good enough job apparently, but that has no bearing on if the media is holding Urban and/or tOSU accountable.

59 minutes ago, Creed said:

Dont distract us from the biggest non-story of the year.