seaofred92

Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will Urban Meyer lose his job as tOSU's head football coach?

17 minutes ago, huKSer said:

Consider the source - he is a loyal OSU fan, as someone said he wrote 4 books on OSU football, one had a introduction written by Meyer.

I hear that. I’m just sharing what I’ve come across and IF true, what I see potentially happening. 

This story has taken strange turns I did not expect.

This Snook guy seems like a d bag. I like how at the beginning he said he "confirmed" that Tom Herman was Brett McMurphy's source, but then in no way substantiates that at all. No real evidence or anything, just reasons why Tom Herman may not like Ohio State.

12 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

This story has taken strange turns I did not expect.

This Snook guy seems like a d bag. I like how at the beginning he said he "confirmed" that Tom Herman was Brett McMurphy's source, but then in no way substantiates that at all. No real evidence or anything, just reasons why Tom Herman may not like Ohio State.

When media takes a twit(twitterer) as fact and posts just to have a breaking story with no fact checking, we know there's issues in believing the garbage they put out.  It's not just this, im finding news articles everywhere using tweets as actual news.

Herman pretty much dodged the question. On one hand, it was a Texas press conference, and I can understand him not wanting to comment on another program, especially since there's an ongoing investigation. On the other hand, he still kinda makes you wonder how much he'd heard, even if he had no direct involvement.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:52 AM, MLB 51 said:

Reminds me of when Charlie Sheen was on Two and a Half Men. Holds a knife to his wife's throat? "This is a very private matter, and we're going to let them work things out without our interference." Makes fun of the producer? "FIRED!"

Snook hasn't really produced any substantial evidence. He has had Zach's Mom (obvious reasons to lie) and Courtney's Mom (reportedly estranged/strained relationship) saying it is a conspiracy. His claim about Herman is weak at best.  McMurphy has shared text messges, has police reports/court documents and on the record reports from Courtney. Not to mention he already shared text messages that makes Courtney's mom look like a liar. McMurphy has much better and more substantiated reporting. Snook looks like a fan trying desperately to save his team's coach. He has probably shown enough doubt to save Urban, but in my mind, Zach did this, Urban helped cover it up and Courtney is getting victim shamed by a bad reporter and fans for coming forward. 

2 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Snook looks like a fan trying desperately to save his team's coach.

This is kind of what I was thinking as I read Snook's post. McMurphy's seemed like someone reporting what they've discovered from records and interviews. Snook's sounds like Joe Pesci giving his opening argument in My Cousin Vinny.

"Everything that guy just said, is bull s#!t."

Ultimately, Snook may be right. But it's not because of any agenda on McMurphy's part.

And whoever tipped McMurphy off doesn't have anything to do with what Zach Smth did.

Some of the fans of tOSU are worked up about this.  I regularly post on BuckeyePlanet, and it's getting interesting over there (visit the Urban Meyer thread).

Needless to say, that this investigation needs to be over for them soon. 

I don't trust EITHER man's story in this.  Seems to me that both reporters are using the situation to get some light nationally.  Bringing Tom Herman and his folks into this only makes things look extremely reality show-ish.

Most of their fans admit that if the investigation uncovers a cover up of any kind, they're not going to tolerate that and Meyer should be gone.  However, some are hanging on every word that Snook and McMurphy put out there.  Once the investigation started, however, what either of these clowns put out there have zero bearing on the situation.

Here are the facts (at face value, here):

1. Meyer wasn't completely truthful during Media Days.  Fact.

2. McMurphy has changed his story on the Book of Faces since first published.  Fact.

3. If Meyer indeed reported any incidents to the appropriate individuals at the university, worst he would have done is lied to the media.  Fact.

4. Courtney and Zach Smith have had a very volatile relationship that seems to have spilled over into the public eye.  Fact. 

46 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

I don't trust EITHER man's story in this.  Seems to me that both reporters are using the situation to get some light nationally.  Bringing Tom Herman and his folks into this only makes things look extremely reality show-ish.

It's coming very close to a witch hunt. Some people want Urban gone and they're using this as a means to do so. There is barely a hint at this point that this is about domestic violence. The problem is there was never enough of a story to maintain the fervor. Without that, reporters have been forced to grow increasingly tangential to keep this story in the news. 

3 minutes ago, brophog said:

It's coming very close to a witch hunt. Some people want Urban gone and they're using this as a means to do so. There is barely a hint at this point that this is about domestic violence. The problem is there was never enough of a story to maintain the fervor. Without that, reporters have been forced to grow increasingly tangential to keep this story in the news. 

Well, I mean UM did keep a wife beater on his staff.... for several, several years.

1 hour ago, brophog said:

Funny thing is - if Urban Meyer had answered the question about this like Tom Herman did, we may not even be discussing this right now:

8 hours ago, alexhortdog95 said:

2. McMurphy has changed his story on the Book of Faces since first published.  Fact.

McMurphy changed 'his story' because the police department changed their report.

7 hours ago, brophog said:

Can you point me to all of this stuff that is beyond domestic violence and the 'witch hunt'.  I'm not trying to be dense I really haven't seen any of this other stuff. I've only seen things put out trying to discredit Courtney Smith to keep Urban.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:39 PM, The Murphinator said:

Another bombshell from Brett.

20180811_123803.thumb.jpg.a45957b9addc7dfc700501d29388c999.jpg

courtney smith's mom questions validity of texts

scroll down to the bottom of the link.

popcorn sales must be through the roof with this s#!t show. sad part about this is, the focus should be more on getting courtney the help she needs so she can get through this. because this whole mess will be with her the rest of her life. once that is taken care of, feel free to take down tOSU all you want. just stop trying to do it at the expense of someone else.

On 8/11/2018 at 2:01 PM, The Murphinator said:

And Brett squashes the Herman rumor.

Damn...I was hoping UTerus was going to be taken out of B1G expansion talk.

Pissing tOSU off is a sure-fire way to be excluded. 

On 8/13/2018 at 3:06 PM, desertshox said:

courtney smith's mom questions validity of texts

scroll down to the bottom of the link.

popcorn sales must be through the roof with this s#!t show. sad part about this is, the focus should be more on getting courtney the help she needs so she can get through this. because this whole mess will be with her the rest of her life. once that is taken care of, feel free to take down tOSU all you want. just stop trying to do it at the expense of someone else.

I am so lost in all of this.

She was already estranged from her mom, so that's not exactly an unbiased source. That said, it's certainly possible that both parties are kinda effed up, as far as their relationship and personalities go. Not that either's behavior would excuse the other's misdeeds. IDK...

I don't think Meyer is going anywhere.  They'll write an apology for him to post and the team will where some special color wrist bands or have a ribbon on their helmets for domestic violence awareness and that will be it.

5 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

I don't think Meyer is going anywhere.  They'll write an apology for him to post and the team will where some special color wrist bands or have a ribbon on their helmets for domestic violence awareness and that will be it.

Pretty much.

24 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Trying to find anyway to safe him. Sick.

Possibly. 

My first thought was the longer it takes the less likely they'll keep him.  You'd think they'd have documentation of the reports from earlier if they actually happened.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Possibly. 

My first thought was the longer it takes the less likely they'll keep him.  You'd think they'd have documentation of the reports from earlier if they actually happened.

Bruce Feldman said on the Herd yesterday that he is hearing that their is an increasing belief that Urban won't be fired, and at worst might get a suspension. We will see though.

3 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Bruce Feldman said on the Herd yesterday that he is hearing that their is an increasing belief that Urban won't be fired, and at worst might get a suspension. We will see though.

Yeah, the prevailing opinion seems to be shifting that direction.

I kinda feel like they might drag it out to give the appearance that they are doing a thorough investigation, then they will come out and say he didn't do anything wrong.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, the prevailing opinion seems to be shifting that direction.

It's always been in that direction. Only the narrative was to fire Urban, no one of consequence ever suggested it.

tressel had to step down because he lied to protect his players who exchanged their own property for tattoos, but mr integrity urban meyer  protects a wife beater and the university and ncaa do nothing.  

27 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

I have no idea what a triple ring spider enhancer is or does.

That one’s kind of confusing. 

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

How is this relevant to the matter at hand? It looks like someone airing dirty laundry for revenge 

How is it not relevant? More questionable behavior, at work, that Urban most likely knew about, and he still let it happen. Sex toys shipped to work, potential sex with staffers at work, and taking pictures of his privates at the flipping white house? 

MarriedImperturbableKitten-max-1mb.gif

If people honestly believe he knew nothing about any of this, when he claims to run the tightest of ships, then he should probably be let go for incompetent management alone as he would have absolutely no clue what was happening in his own building.

I sort of don’t want him fired now, because then the new year long conversation becomes who is the next HC at tOSU all season....

6 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

I sort of don’t want him fired now, because then the new year long conversation becomes who is the next HC at tOSU all season....

I want us to beat OSU with Meyer as the coach.

9 hours ago, runningblind said:

How is it not relevant? More questionable behavior, at work, that Urban most likely knew about, and he still let it happen. Sex toys shipped to work, potential sex with staffers at work, and taking pictures of his privates at the flipping white house? 

MarriedImperturbableKitten-max-1mb.gif

If people honestly believe he knew nothing about any of this, when he claims to run the tightest of ships, then he should probably be let go for incompetent management alone as he would have absolutely no clue what was happening in his own building.

So your assumming it’s true and it relates to domestic violence? I think it’s ugly all the way around 

44 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

So your assumming it’s true and it relates to domestic violence? I think it’s ugly all the way around 

Domestic violence is the core of this issue but it isn't the only one. This is more poor behavior that Urban probably knew about, or should have, by someone he hired to lead young men.  This shows lack of leadership by all involved if true, which it is very believable with all the evidence against Smith.

Smith should have been let go for each of several things over several years. Continuing to employ him if any of it is known, is enough to seriously question/fire Meyer.

12 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

I have no idea what a triple ring spider enhancer is or does.

We don't want him fired now. Think of the chants he will have to endure from opposing fans. Not to mention the paraphernalia thrown onto the field. 

1 hour ago, nic said:

We don't want him fired now. Think of the chants he will have to endure from opposing fans. Not to mention the paraphernalia thrown onto the field. 

He was fired