Excited for the season to start!

55 minutes ago, Redux said:

It still doesn't feel real to me.  My fandom has basically been on idle since we fired Bo, I went All In on him, and slowly that devotion turned out to be magic beans.  When we hired Riley I, like mentioned, put on a happy face and tried convincing myself all was well and tried spinning positives on it.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. Bo’s program highs and lows and everything in between pretty much ran me out of gas. I just went through the motions with Riley.  Heck, I didn’t even get mad when we lost. A couple impressive wins this season and I’ll be stoked like crazy for 2019. 

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

How long has it been since there was this much anticipation before a season?  2008? 2010?

The last time I remember there being roughly this much anticipation was heading into Nebraska's first season in the Big 10. Maybe not quite as much as now but in the same ball park.

Many, me included, were still all in on Bo. Nebraska returned Taylor Martinez in 2011 (and we didn't know he'd be banged up the whole year.) Also returned Rex Burkhead, Jared Crick, Lavonte David and Alfonzo Dennard.

None of us knew at the time Nebraska would essentially be incapable of stopping a decent Big 10 power running attack under Bo.

• Plus1 3

I can't get enough Husker news and talk since Frost came home.  I listen to the first hour of Early Break with Sip and Jake and the mid day show on 93.7 The Ticket on my phone.  I'm fired up for the upcoming season.

On 7/25/2018 at 8:55 PM, Redux said:

It still doesn't feel real to me.  My fandom has basically been on idle since we fired Bo, I went All In on him, and slowly that devotion turned out to be magic beans.  When we hired Riley I, like mentioned, put on a happy face and tried convincing myself all was well and tried spinning positives on it.

Don't get me wrong, couldn't be happier about where we are and where we're headed.  But my emotions are gun shy after the last to whirlwinds of hope and utter disappointment.  I used to get so mad about losses, by 2016 it literally didn't even matter anymore to me.  When we were 7-0 and things looked good, ya just knew it was going to come CRASHING back down.  And boy did it ever.  Then last year, oye...

I feel like my fandom needs a jump start to get that charge again.  Luckily Scott Frost brought some jumper cables.

Yeah, this is really similar to me.  I loved Bo at first then after awhile it seemed like we knew how it would end.  When Riley was hired I pretend, for a short time, that it was some super great plan...Honestly by the end of the BYU game it was so clear that he came here for a money grab for him and his staff, I don't blame him, I would have done the same.

I feel for the recruiting hype even though I didn't really believe it.  By last season it was almost comical how everything I first thought was coming true.

• Plus1 1