Favorite Husker Memories

Will also stick to attended games only.

Most fun?  1993 Oklahoma, even though it was absurdly cold. I went with a bunch of extended family and we got caught up in the mob on the field that brought down the goal posts.

Most satisfying? 62-24. Was there with the old man.

Loudest? Josh Brown's FG to beat Colorado

Most disappointing? That first loss to KSU in a billion years that got Frank fired. To date it is still the only loss I've attended.

Best OT?  Haven't been to a game that went to OT

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, The Dude said:

I watched that one with an Iowa State alum.  That play was deeply satisfying.

The guy was pissing and moaning for half the game about how dirty Nebraska was because Prince Amukamara made an awkward tackle.  Then their linebacker literally tried to snap Burkhead's neck.  He was awfully quiet after that.

I watched this one with my loudmouth BIL who is from Iowa.  He is not really an Iowa or ISU fan, just likes to be contrary and rub salt in wounds.  He gets very obnoxious after about 10 beers.  

Most fun: Beating OU in 1978 at Lincoln 17-14. OU was loaded with talent and ranked #1. Hardest hitting Nebraska game I’ve ever seen.

Most satisfying: Tie between 1994 Miami & 1995 Florida.

Loudest: 1994 Colorado game. Noise never let up the whole game.

Most disappointing: Losing to Missouri in 1978 at Lincoln 35-31. A week after beating previous mentioned OU, we couldn’t stop Missouri. Ended an opportunity to play Penn St. for the National Championship in the Orange Bowl (a game NU would have likely won). 

Best OT: Has to be Frost led NU against Missouri in 1997. 

• Plus1 1

Most fun?   1998 vs Washington.  Was at College Game Day before the game and then in student section with my younger brother who was going to college at the Univeristy at the time and scored another ticket for me.  The Student section was amazing. 

Most satisfying?  1995 Iowa State game.  Shut down their Heisman Hopeful and gained 776 yards on them.  A solid performance. 

Loudest?  1995 game vs Washington ST.  Had KFAB tuned in as well, and they were even saying at the time it was one of the loudest they remember. 

Most disappointing?  2002 Colorado vs Nebraska.   1 year after the 62-36 loss in Colorado.  It didn't help that there were some loud and annoying (is there any other kind) Colorado fans in front of us.  As the game went on thru the 2nd half, there was actual booing going on in the stadium.  Something I hadn't heard direct at the Cornhuskers before. 

Best OT?  I have not attended a live game that has gone into OT. 

• Plus1 1