Re-Watching Games from Last year

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Riley's coach factor is like -5 wins per year

Frost's is probably like +4

One group that follows that logic is offensive line. I'm looking forward to how much better the line may be because it's experienced and did for a brief moment last year play well. That comes to the point...no center makes that much difference. It points to a system issue. I don't know exactly what, but some mechanism in their call system wasn't being understood by the players. As we discussed last week, it doesn't matter what whiz bang awesomeness your system has if you can't teach it.

• Plus1 2

The Morgan TD almost felt flukey though, in the grand scheme of things. I didn’t think we played them particularly tough, Wisconsin was a team that pounded everyone as the game wore on and we were no different.

I expect better going forward but this is one of the games I don’t feel confident about this year.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

The Morgan TD almost felt flukey though, in the grand scheme of things. I didn’t think we played them particularly tough, Wisconsin was a team that pounded everyone as the game wore on and we were no different.

I expect better going forward but this is one of the games I don’t feel confident about this year.

I actually think it was a well drawn up play, and executed. That said, Wisconsin was a bit sloppy that night also. I do think conditioning was a huge issue, as was tackling.

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Last year? Did you stop watching before the 4th quarter?

You mean when the mismanaged team that couldn't get out of it's own way finally tripped over it's own feet and succumbed to a far better managed team that it hung with for 3 quarters and had no right to do so?

Zero question who the better team, better managed team and more prepared team was.  But as awful as we were, we still stayed in that game inexplicably for 3 quarters.  Yeah, we probably should have left with a W and had a monkey in a suit taken control of the team at the start of the 4th we very well may have.

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

@ScottyIce, so you're "...re-watching games from last year..."

Masochist huh?  Hey, whatever you're into you're into...I'm not going to kink shame you.

:lol:

;)

Is that what the thread title is called? For some reason, it shows up on my end as 'How to simulate the feeling death by disembowelment.'

But yeah, Nebraska had a good chance for part of this game.

• Plus1 1