Current Wideouts Working with Williams

29 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Probably adhering to the non-contact rules for coaches and players during the offseason? 

I was just going to say something to this effect. They are getting coached by a high end D1 position coach. I know there was talk that if Walters got the HC gig a UCF, Williams was going to get a hard look to stay on the staff.

• Plus1 1

How is this any different then The Qb's going to work with other Qb coaches during the summer. Everyone was just fine with that. All the kids are doing is getting extra work in. Nothing wrong with it.

I actually had this conversation with our High school coach this summer. I have a contact that was able to get me in touch with a guy who would train my son a couple times a week. Issue was he coached at a school in our district. So i asked ahead of time and our WR coach said my all means get the work where you can. Any extra work is great. Just dont miss our stuff to be at his stuff.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

How is this any different then The Qb's going to work with other Qb coaches during the summer. Everyone was just fine with that. All the kids are doing is getting extra work in. Nothing wrong with it.

I actually had this conversation with our High school coach this summer. I have a contact that was able to get me in touch with a guy who would train my son a couple times a week. Issue was he coached at a school in our district. So i asked ahead of time and our WR coach said my all means get the work where you can. Any extra work is great. Just dont miss our stuff to be at his stuff.

I don't have an issue with it, as I am with you, the more training the better, as long as the outside coaches use the same philosophy as the college coaches.  Frost and Verduzco have told the QB's that they don't want them to use outside trainers, because the outside trainer might have a different philosophy that Frost and Verduzco have.  I am not sure how that works with incoming recruits.

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't have an issue with it, as I am with you, the more training the better, as long as the outside coaches use the same philosophy as the college coaches.  Frost and Verduzco have told the QB's that they don't want them to use outside trainers, because the outside trainer might have a different philosophy that Frost and Verduzco have.  I am not sure how that works with incoming recruits.

This leads me to believe it’s the inner workings of the evil Bill Belichick (dun dun dunnnnn) ;) 

• Plus1 1
On 7/30/2018 at 10:05 AM, Mike Mcdee said:

I was just going to say something to this effect. They are getting coached by a high end D1 position coach. I know there was talk that if Walters got the HC gig a UCF, Williams was going to get a hard look to stay on the staff.

This is fact, if Walter's leaves for a HC gig after this year even I would not be surprised to see William's back as WR coach. William's loves Nebraska and Frost liked Williams, there was a reason he was practically the only coach considered being retained 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

This is fact, if Walter's leaves for a HC gig after this year even I would not be surprised to see William's back as WR coach. William's loves Nebraska and Frost liked Williams, there was a reason he was practically the only coach considered being retained 

Plus he's on probation from the DUI until 2020, so he would have to get his probation transferred to another state if he took a different job. 

46 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

3 Duis for known man who likes to party.  This was all public knowledge before his hiring.  There was a reason he wasn't at a bigger university before he was hired here.  There is a reason he is not a bigger university right now, all of that revolves around one thing. 

It seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I agree with you @KingBlank. I do believe that he was a fan of partying and his habits are a main factor as to why he's not at a larger, more prominent university - as he seems to be one hell of a coach. If this was another program's coach, I doubt many on this board would jump to his defense so quickly. It is great that he's in counseling now, but let's not pretend that wasn't part of the plea agreement to have some charges dropped and a lesser sentence levied. 

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

It seems to be an unpopular opinion, but I agree with you @KingBlank. I do believe that he was a fan of partying and his habits are a main factor as to why he's not at a larger, more prominent university - as he seems to be one hell of a coach. If this was another program's coach, I doubt many on this board would jump to his defense so quickly. It is great that he's in counseling now, but let's not pretend that wasn't part of the plea agreement to have some charges dropped and a lesser sentence levied. 

If it was just a normal citizen they would have been in actual jail for 90 days minimum.  I'm all for recovery and redemption, but let's not act like he's some guru of the gridiron, and his actions I believe contributed to some lackluster responsibility the team took last year.  

• Plus1 2