Legalized Gambling on College Sports

Creed

I am not a gambler and sorry if addressed elsewhere in the forum but I thought there have been betting lines on college sports for as long as I can remember.  I just assumed it was legal in Vegas and that's why the betting lines were posted.  I have known guys who went to vegas during march madness and assumed they were there to bet on the games.

• Plus1 1

It's been legal in Vegas.  It is done illegally all over the place including online.  The recent Supreme Court decision opens it up to be legal across the country but that will probably take awhile to really change.

It used to be kind of taboo to talk about.  It has become more and more prevalent to discuss over the last several years so it shows up more in sports coverage.  Also, it's an easy way to give the general public an idea about what is "supposed" to happen - "Team X is favored by 7 points", etc.

Ok thanks - I didn't follow the supreme court case closely and I didn't see what the big deal was since I thought it was allowed in Vegas already.  I heard a radio show that made a big deal of the first odds for 2018 CFB Champion were released.