Mikale Wilbon

ADS

Seems like Greg Bell and Tre Bryant (if healthy) will get the most carries, with Bradley taking up the remainder. Ozigbo would be the big back, leaving Wilbon to pick up carries here and there.

Doesn't seem like a great equation for him.  I can see why he'd explore his options.

48 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I was just going to post that I get the feeling Avery Roberts will be left off as well.  

Wilbon sounds like he might not even be on the team.  Which would be too bad.  I'd like to see what he could do in a different offense. 

You get the feeling or you know something about Avery?

4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Little bit of both, without putting words in Mav’s mouth.  He hasn’t gotten in to shape, and struggled in the spring iirc.

6 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Pretty much what @ADS said.  Has been called out before and it sounds like things haven't changed.  Not looking like the guy that was recruited out of high school.  No idea what the issue is but doesn't seem to really be putting in a quality effort currently.

• Plus1 1

With Roberts, as Ruud stated in the spring, a big part of these summer months had to be getting in better condition. The coach is eager to see how Roberts comes out of that work with Husker football strength coach Zach Duval.

"I told him, 'Summer has to be huge for you,'" Ruud said. It wasn't just strength and conditioning that Roberts needed to hammer, but keeping the proper diet with that work. "It's an all-day, 24/7, 365 days a year deal now, college football. So his whole lifestyle, I really challenged."

• Plus1 1

After rewatching the spring game, it is obvious Wilbon can't carry the extra weight at all.  Looked like our slowest RB.   I like Ozigbo, Bell and Mazour and all three should get to play some as each has strengths.  Bell quicker slasher, Zig has the power and decent speed and Mazour gets everything you can out of every shap.   Interchangeable in my view.   

• Plus1 1