Martinez #3 on Rivals' Impact Freshmen List

The two ahead of him are five-stars.  The #5 guy is also a five-star.

3. ADRIAN MARTINEZ, NEBRASKA
With a new staff in Lincoln and Martinez being one of the prizes of Scott Frost’s first recruiting class, Martinez will have every opportunity to win the starting job from Game 1. In Frost’s first year at UCF it took him a few games before handing the reins over to McKenzie Milton, but we all saw how that worked out after Milton was able to learn on the job. Martinez had a terrific spring game and while he will likely make his share of mistakes, he will be the guy to lead the Huskers new-look offense.

Rivals

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

1) Count the mistakes Martinez makes as a Freshman.

2) Compare them to the mistakes Tanner Lee made as a Junior, and Tommy Armstrong made as a Senior. 

3)  A freshman quarterback isn't always a liability.

Okay, your quote read like it was from the article and somebody actually thought both those guys were still on the team.

55 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Martinez can make plenty of freshman mistakes and still be ahead of Junior Tanner Lee and Senior Tommy Armstrong.

Ya. There's a lot of room for error if he starts, when comparing him to those 2. But maybe not when comparing him to Gebbia.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Ya. There's a lot of room for error if he starts, when comparing him to those 2. But maybe not when comparing him to Gebbia.

Totally agree. I don't think it's as sure of a thing that Martinez gets the starting job as it seems most people do. Frost has said that whoever has the best grasp on the offense will be the one who starts. We all have heard how smart and how much of a film room junkie Gebbia is. He's not the athlete Martinez is but if he has a better grasp upstairs then I think its going to be a hell of fight to see who starts, not just game 1, but every game this year. 

• Plus1 1

y'all don't want me at quarterback - i've got a Sam Keller esque alligator arm throwing motion and at this point probably run a 5.3 or worse.

I'd be a real rah rah gym rate lunchpale coach's son sneaky quick type of leader though. Real student of the game with big want to.