Pelini to OSU

5 hours ago, brophog said:

Not everyone sees it that way.

Naturally. TCU, like several other jobs around the country, is afforded the benefits of a nice recruiting bed while being in a P5 and not held to a national championship standard. I just didn't see the need to dive into the weeds about it because tOSU, objectively, is a top five job. TCU isn't. Someone like GP may very well feel it wouldn't be the right fit.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Naturally. TCU, like several other jobs around the country, is afforded the benefits of a nice recruiting bed while being in a G5 and not held to a national championship standard. 

I agree they're not held to a national championship standard.  I disagree they're in a G5 conference.

28 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don’t see how the media was against him. The way he treated the media had a lot to do with any perceived negativism by the media. 

Like I said, he has responsibility in it himself, but hard to argue the media wasn’t against him when the media leaked a recorded conversation he thought was private 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, brophog said:

Not everyone sees it that way. There's a tremendous amount of value in job security and getting paid a very handsome salary. Ohio State head coaches don't retire from there, they all eventually get fired. He's being paid 5 million a year and he can do it for practically as long as he wants.

Patterson has had many chances to leave over the years, and has few wants. He coaches in a major conference in a fertile recruiting ground. He's not locked out of success like he would be at a G5 school, but also not held to the same expectations that he'd be at a blueblood school. He can win a national championship at TCU, but he doesn't have to win a national championship to stay at TCU.

For many, that's a much gig than Ohio St.

The weather is better at TCU, and the entire state of Ohio smells like hot dog water ... stay at TCU :ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Can we PLEASE STOP talking about Bo Pelini?

He's been gone going on 4 years now, it is time to let the last six years die.

We have so much positive energy and excitement in the program now; let's focus on the here and now and going forward.

How can you say that - we have been waiting for MONTHS and SF hasn't even won a game yet.......

sarcasm was used above

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Alright then, carry on.  :ahhhhhhhh

My best advice is to just ignore threads/posts that bring up past coaches. It can be tiresome but I find myself doing it from time to time.

The best remedy will be winning again. :D

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

My best advice is to just ignore threads/posts that bring up past coaches. It can be tiresome but I find myself doing it from time to time.

The best remedy will be winning again. :D

I know.  But it is just...we're literally within about 3 weeks from the season kickoff.  Focus should be on the here and now, not the dark clouds of the past.