19. Florida State
20. West Virginia
21. Texas
22. Boise State
23. UCF
24. LSU
25. Oklahoma State

• Plus1 2

Four of Nebraska's 2018 opponents are ranked in the top 14 of the USA Today preseason Coaches Poll. 

Ohio State - 3
Wisconsin - 7 
Michigan State - 12
Michigan - 14

And three of those top 14 opponents are road games.  Only the Sparty game is in Lincoln.  We have a tough schedule this year.  I wonder what our SOL is?  

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

If Frost were still at UCF what do you think they would be ranked this year? Top 10?

They usually do a pretty good job of putting G5 teams low to start the year so they can justify leaving them out of the playoff.  Start them too high and you might have to put them in the playoff.  

• Plus1 6

All the hype and excitement we’re all feeling kinda gets a little perspective shock. We didn’t even receive votes. I mean, we don’t deserve it, but shows what the rest of the country thinks of us. Still have a long way to go. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

If Frost were still at UCF what do you think they would be ranked this year? Top 10?

No but maybe top 15. South Florida was ranked in the preseason top 20 last year. They went 11-2 in 2016 and had a new coach in 2017. That makes it seem silly to have UCF ranked outside of the top 20 this year but Charlie Strong is more respected than Josh Heupel.

13 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Just win and the rankings will take care of itself.  If the team, as a whole, is as motivated as press conferences seem to indicate, then the lack of being ranked is a temporary inconvenience.

Yep!  I think at 2-0 they might "get in" 3-0 they will be ranked for sure.

If they go 4-0 and beat an undefeated Michigan team they will do a rocket climb to top 10

50 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yep!  I think at 2-0 they might "get in" 3-0 they will be ranked for sure.

If they go 4-0 and beat an undefeated Michigan team they will do a rocket climb to top 10

Pump the brakes a bit - I don’t think we are ranked after going 3-0 and a win over Mich probably gets us into the top 20 but definitely not the top 10 with the amount of teams ahead of us to start with. 

• Plus1 2