Huskers to Have Area Codes on Helmets

I'd like to propose just one modification to this: Out of State players put their Area Codes, but In-State players put their County Designation. If we need to put a zero or two in front of it, that's OK, we would know that Double-O One is from Douglas, for example. Double-O Seven would be Madison County, NE. :D

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to Huskers to Have Area Codes on Helmets
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

You don’t like the look?  I think it’s cool. Better than what I imagined which was a helmet sticker.

I think the numbers look like some kids toys that they glued on the front.  Can't wait for people to laugh when they're breaking off.

Needs to at least be a different font.  I think I would have liked a flat sticker better with the numbers in something more like the Block N or at least with a black outline or something.

• Plus1 4

I like the look. It might give Husker players a very slight to miniscule advantage as the opposing players get distracted trying to figure out where the  area codes are. Might give a split second longer if the opposing player is from the same area code as his assignment. "Hey, I'm from 817, too! I wonder which high schoo..."(ball snaps, receiver blows by his distracted cornerback, TD ensues.)

Yes, I know I'm reaching. I'm just trying to rationalize a way to get to 9 wins. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I think the numbers look like some kids toys that they glued on the front.  Can't wait for people to laugh when they're breaking off.

Needs to at least be a different font.  I think I would have liked a flat sticker better with the numbers in something more like the Block N or at least with a black outline or something.

The helmets have had those rubber toy looking things for “Huskers” for a couple years now; I don’t recall ever seeing any letters missing. So, they should be pretty alright as far as adhesiveness goes.

It still looks goofy.

43 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Yeah - not a huge fan of the location. I was imagining a sticker/decal on the back of the helmet. 

I think the location is fine.  That's where every team has them of the team's that I've seen.  But this is the first one I remember that wasn't basically a sticker.