BTN Bus Tour

38 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Thoughts from Dinardo, which Howard also agreed/said, that stood out to me, I am paraphrasing  a lot so don’t kill me on exact wording:

1) This team is as good or can compete with any team we have seen (which includes Wisconsin), and in the West has a legit shot but has to have some good fortune due to schedule difficulty

2) The practice they saw today was one of the 2 best they have seen thus far, and the BEST considering this was #14 and day after a scrimmage. Seemed REALLY impressed with tempo and speed of practice despite normally seeing tired legs at this stage. NO EVIDENCE of tired legs for DONU today

3) Talent finally appears to resemble the on paper top 25 recruiting classes, first time they can say that since covering DONU

DiNardo has been a pretty straight shooter in the past so I am struggling not to shove an IV of Koolaid in right now

Point 1 - DiNardo said we can match up with any team in the West, including Wisconsin.

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Which means we can match up with everyone in the east but Ohio state. Basing that off the fact Wisconsin is the 2nd highest rated team in the big 10. 

I don't know that I'd make that jump on account that it's uncertain how Wisconsin matches up with the teams from the east due to never playing them and when they do, other than the title game, it tends to be a weak year for that opponent. Except Ohio St, but they've lost 9 of 10 in that matchup.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Maybe, i need to go back and analyze what he said again, but took it as something HE said directly recently and got flamed by Husker fans.  I do know that Dinardo said we shouldn't have blackshirts anymore, but maybe Stanley was referencing what Dinardo said in the past.

It sounds like some misguided fan(s) took issue with Stanley saying that we needed to improve on defense to win a championship but the fans thought it possible with a stellar offense.  I would assume that was sometime after Frost was hired but maybe they were so delusional they thought the Riley/Lee offense was going to be great.  

12 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

It sounds like some misguided fan(s) took issue with Stanley saying that we needed to improve on defense to win a championship but the fans thought it possible with a stellar offense.

I find it more likely the guy left out an important detail about the tweet.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, brophog said:

I don't know that I'd make that jump on account that it's uncertain how Wisconsin matches up with the teams from the east due to never playing them and when they do, other than the title game, it tends to be a weak year for that opponent. Except Ohio St, but they've lost 9 of 10 in that matchup.

I am just talking about preseason national poll rankings. Ohio state and Wisconsin are both top 10 teams. The 2 highest rated big 10 programs. So based off national perception Wisconsin is the 2nd best Big 10 team. Regardless Wisconsin is rated #7 in the country right now. I say that’s pretty impressive if we go from 4-8 to impressing enough that they think we can go toe to toe with #7 

43 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

That's what makes me nervous.  It's as if things are almost too perfect.

They do seem that way, don't they. It's like the coaches' success last year hasn't worn off. We've seen very, very few obstacles in this transition and some amazing gains.

33 minutes ago, brophog said:

They do seem that way, don't they. It's like the coaches' success last year hasn't worn off. We've seen very, very few obstacles in this transition and some amazing gains.

I just found myself a crisp $100 lying on the sidewalk, and walking down the street, all smiles.  Now, I'm waiting for the mugger that is just around the corner.  It's ok for me to still think this way, i just don't want the TEAM still thinking this way.