BTN Bus Tour

11 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

What are the differences 

11 hours ago, Toe said:

@ScottyIce $10/mo less than Vue, for starters. YouTube has more channels, but Hulu has their regular on-demand content in addition to the live stuff. YouTube you can view on three devices simultaneously, Hulu only two.

https://www.hulu.com/live-tv

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/start/

Also, Youtube has a much better interface and MUCH better dvr than Vue. I'm mostly considering Hulu Live because my wife likes some of the Hulu original programming.

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Does YouTube have the sweet 4 screen picture in picture that you can do on PS4 on Vue?

Vue doesn't have that view on the Roku that I use, so it's not a selling point for me. I think the Vue only has a good interface on the Playstation so Sony can sell more of those, which annoys me.

26 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Youtube TV doesn't have Discovery, TNT, A&E etc, etc, etc. They mostly have channels associated with ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox.

YouTube TV has all of the Turner networks. Best decision I ever made switching. I miss having travel channel and food network, but otherwise I have yet to find a sporting event that I can't watch. All of the ESPN networks, SEC, BTN, FS1 & 2, Fox southwest, NBCSN, Golf Channel, MLB, NBAtv, CBS sports, etc. I think I even get the tennis channel.

10 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Also, Youtube has a much better interface and MUCH better dvr than Vue. I'm mostly considering Hulu Live because my wife likes some of the Hulu original programming.

This is an interesting view - i actually just went back to Vue from YouTube for the reason that the PlaystationVue DVR suited me better.  I like the fact that you can tape a "show" and it will grab everything similar.  What do you like better about YouTube???

Also i'm using AppleTV as my controlling device - which may explain OUR different opinions.  When i first started i tried 4 different devices (roku / Ndivia / Firestick / AppleTV)  with 4 different services (YouToubeTV / DirectTV / PlaystationVue / SlingTV)  amazing how the 16 different combos function differently - sometimes you can record with one combo but then one small change and you loose multiple features....

1 hour ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Google search turned up the information I gave, not surprised some of it was wrong. That said, I don't think my wife could go on living if we didn't have the food network...

they change so often - and it's nice that the contract is month to month.  seems like you need to re-evaluate every 3 or 4 months.

31 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

This is an interesting view - i actually just went back to Vue from YouTube for the reason that the PlaystationVue DVR suited me better.  I like the fact that you can tape a "show" and it will grab everything similar.  What do you like better about YouTube???

I hate that you can't record a single show or episode on Vue. You have to add it to "My Shows" which records everything. So I can't just record the Husker game - I have to record every freaking college football game and then hunt through them to find the Husker game.

I've only played with Youtube TV a bit at my friend's house, so I can't give all the ins and outs of the comparison, just that I've liked what I saw and that Vue has gotten more expensive while continuing to be a frustrating user experience.

Funny you say that when i had Vue last year it was football season and i did hate the scrolling thru 200 games.  I had YouTubeTV all spring and missed having the extra events to go back thru - now that i'm back with Vue I probably will get annoyed half-way thru the football season.....  it's all interesting thou how each system works and beats the old $200 cable bill