Year One: Better Offense or Defense?

Year One  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interesting numbers...

I think we may struggle a little bit offensively against Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State because of their Talent and/or successful schemes.

However, I expect the offense to light it up against teams like Akron, Troy, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, NW, Colorado.

• Plus1 1

I think the offense has a better shot of averaging 35 PPG than the defense has of allowing less than 28 PPG.

The offense is going to move fast, meaning the defense is going to be on the field a lot. It'd be pretty impressive if they averaged 90 plays per game but gave up less than 28 PPG.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think the offense has a better shot of averaging 35 PPG than the defense has of allowing less than 28 PPG.

The offense is going to move fast, meaning the defense is going to be on the field a lot. It'd be pretty impressive if they averaged 90 plays per game but gave up less than 28 PPG.

Interesting. I think it's the reverse as defense seems easier to get better numbers in the B1G than offense.

50 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Interesting numbers...

I think we may struggle a little bit offensively against Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State because of their Talent and/or successful schemes.

However, I expect the offense to light it up against teams like Akron, Troy, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, NW, Colorado.

Kind of what I think as well.

I think the numbers from last year for Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue and Minnesota look better because the B1G West was devoid of potent offenses. 

I mean ... Minnesota scored 51 points on the other five B1G West teams they played.   All you have to ignore is the 54 they put up against us.

45 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Kind of what I think as well.

I think the numbers from last year for Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue and Minnesota look better because the B1G West was devoid of potent offenses. 

I mean ... Minnesota scored 51 points on the other five B1G West teams they played.   All you have to ignore is the 54 they put up against us.

Yeah, I was just speaking about our offense vs our opponents D. Idk maybe that’s what you mean too.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It certainly would. Nobody's ever averaged over 90 opponent plays per game for a season.

33 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Yeah, I was just speaking about our offense vs our opponents D. Idk maybe that’s what you mean too.

Sorry, mine was kind of two different thoughts.  But that wasn't very clear.

I pretty much agree with what you said.  I also think some of the good defensive numbers by our opponents are because of the bad offenses in our division.

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Sorry, mine was kind of two different thoughts.  But that wasn't very clear.

I pretty much agree with what you said.  I also think some of the good defensive numbers by our opponents are because of the bad offenses in our division.

Ok gotcha, yes I agree with that too.

Iowa offense? Yuck.

Several other teams offenses could be thrown under the bus here too.