2018 JUCO F Dedoch Chan [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

When a second scholarship for the 2018 season opened up midway through July following the transfer of junior center Jordy Tshimanga, Nebraska had to search high and low for an immediately eligible player who could also contribute right away.

After a few weeks of looking, the Huskers appear to have found a prospect who fits the bill in both of those regards.

Mississippi Gulf Coast sophomore forward Dedoch Chan arrived in Lincoln for an official visit on Wednesday, picking up an offer from head coach Tim Miles in the process.

On Thursday, the 6-foot-8, 215-pounder announced he had committed to the Huskers.

Chan will move to Lincoln and enroll in classes for the start of the fall semester and have three years of eligibility remaining beginning with the 2018-19 season.

• Plus1 2

Solid take by Tim and crew. I really like his effort and motor that he plays with. He also is around the ball a lot and really hustles to rebound, he plays hard and competes. Hopefully, this addition makes us a team that will get up and down the floor now that we don't have a slow big. He looks the part to be an addition to a team that wants to run and adds size to that big man room.

• Plus1 1

I dont know why this kid didnt have any major offers. His list is not overly impressive but he did put up decent numbers in highschool and in the JUCO ranks. He is the style I hope we move toward. A kid who can run the floor a bit and get rebounds.

I didnt realize till a bit ok we have him for 3 years... Does make it potentially a bad situation if he is really bad. 

Overall, if he can give us 10 minutes off the bench.. I am happy. 

• Plus1 1