Ric Flair

The Omarosa Chronicles

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The economy is booming, more people have jobs, Americans are proud of their country again, his unconventional foreign policy is paying dividends, and the stock market is up.

which failures?

the stock market which has flat lined for the last 7 months?    the crippling deficit which is just waiting to swallow our country?  our lowered prestige on the world stage?  the rising racial unrest?   the lowered morale standards of our greatest office?   

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don’t recall our intelligence agencies ever conspiring to prevent a President from being elected or to undermine him once he has been. So I find it unsurprising that Trump has little use for the intelligence agencies. They have only themselves to blame.

Because that never happened. 

• Plus1 4

11 minutes ago, commando said:

the stock market which has flat lined for the last 7 months?    the crippling deficit which is just waiting to swallow our country?  our lowered prestige on the world stage?  the rising racial unrest?   the lowered morale standards of our greatest office?   

The stock market has hit all time highs. The economy is booming. Unemployment is down. Wages are up. Minorities are doing remarkably well. 

Things look pretty rosey to me.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Things look pretty rosey to me.

I don't see you thanking Obama for these things, all of which are carryovers from his administration.

black-unemployment-rate-2009-to-2017-1.j

3.9.18.png

171011134347-dow-trump-election-stocks-1

171011134835-bull-market-sp-500-1011-780

• Plus1 6

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't see you thanking Obama for these things, all of which are carryovers from his administration.

3.9.18.png

Economic policy takes a few years to take shape unless you are Trump then the economic policy is so powerful its actually retroactive. All of Obamas success can be attributed directly to Mr. President Donald J. Trump

• Plus1 3

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The economy is booming,  Started in 2009 

more people have jobs, Started in 2009

Americans are proud of their country again, This one always is laughable.  It all depends on who you are talking to.  I'm not particularly proud of our country right now.

his unconventional foreign policy is paying dividends, Not seeing it yet.

and the stock market is up.  Hmmm....well....let's see.  Since his inauguration, it's up 25%  Great.  I'll give him props for that.

Now, do you give props to the President during these eras?

January 2009 - January 2017 - up around 162%.  This is an average of 20.25%

2009 - 34%

During that time, the Dow didn't have a negative year till 2015.  This is after taking over the worst recession since the depression.

BTW....the stock market right now is roughly the same as it was in early January.  That's over 7 months ago.

• Plus1 5

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don’t recall our intelligence agencies ever conspiring to prevent a President from being elected or to undermine him once he has been. So I find it unsurprising that Trump has little use for the intelligence agencies. They have only themselves to blame.

Are you accusing the intelligence agencies of conspiring against Trump? If so please provide proof for this claim.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Are you accusing the intelligence agencies of conspiring against Trump? If so please provide proof for this claim.

Trump, Rush, and faux news said so.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

3.9.18.png

I’ve posted similar graphs for him before. He’s good at ignoring things he doesn’t want to be true.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What in the holy heck are you implying?

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What in the holy heck are you implying?

That Brennan, Clapper, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Clinton, Obama, and others were all strongly of the opinion that Trump should not be President and represented a real danger. 

What happened next? I don’t think we know all the details yet.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That Brennan, Clapper, Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Clinton, Obama, and others were all strongly of the opinion that Trump should not be President and represented a real danger. 

What happened next? I don’t think we know all the details yet.

No, you implied a lot farther than that. 

And....they’ve been proven right. 

The stronger the economy gets under Trump, the more desperate his critics are to hand credit over to Obama. Even if that entails changing the past,” says an Investor’s Business Daily editorial. “A recent New York Times story says it all: ‘An economic upturn begun under Obama is now Trump’s to tout’.”

Things were not always thus.

We seem to recall that the economy was stagnating in 2016 after the weakest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression,” the IBD editorial noted. “In fact, The New York Times itself described Obama’s economy this way in August 2016: ‘For three quarters in a row, the growth rate of the economy has hovered around a mere 1 percent,” the IBD editorial recalled. “In the last quarter of 2015 and the first quarter of 2016, the economy expanded at feeble annual rates of 0.9 percent and 0.8 percent, respectively.”

The editorial also cited similar coverage at CBS News.

“Now that the economy is outperforming everyone’s expectations, Trump’s critics want to pretend that the current boom was already baked in the cake,” the editorial said. “Now, after Trump’s deregulation and tax cuts are starting to take effect, we’re seeing still more signs of stronger growth. Polls show that the public gives Trump credit for what’s going on today. They, not the mainstream press, have it right.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So....let me get this straight. 

The graphs are almost unrecognizable as far as before trump was in office and after.

but, before he was in office everything was horrible. Now everything is great. 

AND...people who point this out are the ones who are desperate?

• Plus1 2

Voters understand that Trump is responsible for the vibrant economy, not Obama.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters now believe the improving economy is due more to Trump than Obama, while 40% think it is more the result of the policies Obama put in place before he left office.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/july_2018/voters_more_likely_to_credit_trump_for_economy_over_obama

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....let me get this straight. 

The graphs are almost unrecognizable as far as before trump was in office and after.

but, before he was in office everything was horrible. Now everything is great. 

AND...people who point this out are the ones who are desperate?

Have you ever played around graphing software? You can make a graph show anything you want by manipulating the data and how it’s presented. Explain the NYT story I quoted. Explain how economic growth has exploded under atrump after being tepid under Obama. Explain how the growth numbers under Trump were mocked as impossible by Obama.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, you implied a lot farther than that. 

And....they’ve been proven right. 

I think they were involved in illegal surveillance of the Trump campaign and were colluding with the Russian Government via the Fusion GPS connection and the Clintons via her connections in the Obama Regime to find dirt on Trump to prevent him from getting elected. Once he shocked the world by being elected, they shifted focus to undermining his legitimacy and trying to get him impeached. 

Rasmussen! LOL :D

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think they were involved in illegal surveillance of the Trump campaign and were colluding with the Russian Government via the Fusion GPS connection and the Clintons via her connections in the Obama Regime to find dirt on Trump to prevent him from getting elected. Once he shocked the world by being elected, they shifted focus to undermining his legitimacy and trying to get him impeached. 

There's ample evidence this is exactly backwards.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Let me try this again.

What does the bold mean? That piling on with obvious disdain is a bad thing? And that people who do this are in the wrong?

Because if this is actually what's being alleged with a straight face, how does the person complaining about this support Trump, or anything about his administration?

THE BOLD IS ALL TRUMP DOES.  It's what his Press Secretary does. It's what his cabinet members do. 

How can you lodge this as a complaint and expect to be taken seriously?

First of all. You and several posters here are assuming that I support Trump. I haven't stated my allegiance to either side. I wasn't complaining either, simply pointing out something that I see is very obvious. Thus another example of people jumping to conclusions. Too often people let their emotions run rampant when addressing a topic. We see it daily in the streets with Antifa and Supremists etc etc. 

I don't have a dog in the fight so to speak but the animosity some show towards others here is palpable. Call it an observation if you will.

• Plus1 2

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you ever played around graphing software? You can make a graph show anything you want by manipulating the data and how it’s presented. Explain the NYT story I quoted. Explain how economic growth has exploded under atrump after being tepid under Obama. Explain how the growth numbers under Trump were mocked as impossible by Obama.

Ohh lord.  If you are manipulating the data you are falsifying it.  This is that same old tired republican playbook crap "You can make statistics say anything!"  No, you can't do that without it being verifiable that you are lying by falsifying data.

This is why their style of argument works so well on the stupid and the lazy that only trust the republican propaganda arms, they'll never go verify it on their own.  Next you'll tell us that whatever data scientist gathered the data did so because they were paid to get only the data that represented the Obama administration well and they have a vested interest in keeping their grant funding or some equally ridiculous load of horse s#!t that shows the general lack of understanding of data and science by the majority of the republican sheep who treat it like its some sort of medieval sorcery.

The economy hasn't exploded in one direction or another, its remained basically fluctuating at the rate where it's been through most of the previous few years before Trump, until the summer where things seem to have leveled off and that's with the massive corporate welfare of the tax cuts.  In the latter part of this year and into next we'll get to see what happens with the shooting himself in the foot with tariffs. 

The article you posted wasn't an article, it was excerpts from an un-credited editorial from investors business daily.  Where you'll find other gems such as "Russian Collusion: It was Hillary all along" or "When it comes to the environment, These are the good ole days" and their claim to fame is having to print a retraction in an editorial arguing against single payer health care that said that Stephen Hawking "wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the [British] National Health Service (NHS) would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless." So why aren't we all acknowledging your article?  Because it's not from the mainstream source you're trying to represent it as, its an opinion piece from a right wing blog site and its conclusions are questionable at best and not backed up by anything beyond the opinion of whoever wrote it.

• Plus1 2

God I love when people says it was the weakest recovery since the great depression. Wasn't it also the worst recession since the great depression? I wonder why it took so long to recover from arguably the second largest depression in US history...

2 hours ago, methodical said:

Ohh lord.  If you are manipulating the data you are falsifying it.  This is that same old tired republican playbook crap "You can make statistics say anything!"  No, you can't do that without it being verifiable that you are lying by falsifying data.

This is why their style of argument works so well on the stupid and the lazy that only trust the republican propaganda arms, they'll never go verify it on their own.  Next you'll tell us that whatever data scientist gathered the data did so because they were paid to get only the data that represented the Obama administration well and they have a vested interest in keeping their grant funding or some equally ridiculous load of horse s#!t that shows the general lack of understanding of data and science by the majority of the republican sheep who treat it like its some sort of medieval sorcery.

The economy hasn't exploded in one direction or another, its remained basically fluctuating at the rate where it's been through most of the previous few years before Trump, until the summer where things seem to have leveled off and that's with the massive corporate welfare of the tax cuts.  In the latter part of this year and into next we'll get to see what happens with the shooting himself in the foot with tariffs. 

The article you posted wasn't an article, it was excerpts from an un-credited editorial from investors business daily.  Where you'll find other gems such as "Russian Collusion: It was Hillary all along" or "When it comes to the environment, These are the good ole days" and their claim to fame is having to print a retraction in an editorial arguing against single payer health care that said that Stephen Hawking "wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the [British] National Health Service (NHS) would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless." So why aren't we all acknowledging your article?  Because it's not from the mainstream source you're trying to represent it as, its an opinion piece from a right wing blog site and its conclusions are questionable at best and not backed up by anything beyond the opinion of whoever wrote it.

I’m not saying they manipulated the data. I wouldn’t put it past them however, as there is ample evidence that’s happening with the whole climate change charade. I am saying that when you place data in a graph, you can play around with how it’s set up to support whatever your position is. You just change what’s being measured, the units of measurement, and/or the time frames over which it’s being measured. 

So if you’re Team Trump, you can make it look like the growth is sudden and explosive. If you’re Team Obama, you can make it look like the growth is slower and gradual. 

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I’m not saying they manipulated the data. I wouldn’t put it past them however, as there is ample evidence that’s happening with the whole climate change charade. I am saying that when you place data in a graph, you can play around with how it’s set up to support whatever your position is. You just change what’s being measured, the units of measurement, and/or the time frames over which it’s being measured. 

So if you’re Team Trump, you can make it look like the growth is sudden and explosive. If you’re Team Obama, you can make it look like the growth is slower and gradual. 

Except everyone agrees that the growth has been steady and relatively continuous for almost 10 years now. What in the heck are you even trying to argue?

• Plus1 2

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You buy that nonsense? That column does everything possible to exaggerate the importance of those indictments and engages in serious ridiculousness to try to pin their crimes and efforts to the campaign and to Trump.

If you don't like that article, I can pull up 100 more that use the same facts.

That's the thing about facts. They're true no matter where you hear them.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

If you don't like that article, I can pull up 100 more that use the same facts.

That's the thing about facts. They're true no matter where you hear them.

And I can find 100 more that point out how little anything Mueller has found has to do with Trump or the campaign. Based on what we know at present, there’s no evidence of collusion or obstruction.

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Did you really go there?

• Plus1 3

Is a big NAFTA win for Trump in the works?

Regardless of whether one agrees with Trump’s negotiating tactics, Orava said, if the administration can land a good agreement on a new NAFTA, “it will validate their approach to U.S. trade policy is effective and generating results and worthwhile.”

Analysts who have been closely monitoring the talks say that U.S. and Mexican trade officials are working out details and that a deal still could unravel. No issue has occupied as much time as NAFTA’s auto rules. Cars account for the biggest trade among the three countries, and Trump and other critics blame NAFTA for the U.S. trade deficit with Mexico and the loss of domestic manufacturing jobs.

NAFTA’s current rules specify that at least 62.5 percent of the content of cars come from North America to qualify for zero tariffs; anything lower than that threshold subjects a vehicle to a 2.5 percent duty for cars and 25 percent for trucks and sport utility vehicles.

The understanding with Mexico would raise the regional-content level to 70 percent or higher and set a similar rule of origin for steel and aluminum in vehicles. The new rules also would include language aimed at having more cars and parts produced by workers who make wages well above the average low rates in Mexico. The hope is that more jobs would stay in the U.S. and that European and Japanese automakers would source more parts in the U.S. to avoid the tariffs.

Lawyer Ujczo said those changes and a broader deal on NAFTA will play very well to Trump’s base. “It would be political gold going into the midterms,” he said.

https://pilotonline.com/business/consumer/article_599976db-fea0-540a-a95b-6e3e924fc1a0.html

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

And I can find 100 more that point out how little anything Mueller has found has to do with Trump or the campaign. Based on what we know at present, there’s no evidence of collusion or obstruction.

Have you ever known a time when the Congress was voting unanimously on bills that made statements against the president before?

Are they all part of the deep state or fake news?

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Its funny how you didn't reply the other day when I showed you Trump was guilty of conspiracy by knowing about the Trump tower meeting(something he has admitted) and not reporting it(should be easy enough prove that) 

So what do you have to say about Trump breaking that law among many others while in office related to the fact he still hasn't divested from his business. And what about his taxes he said he would release that every other president in the history of the united states has done, yet he still hasn't? Do you not care about law and order?

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

What are you supposed to do when someome denies factual evidence repeatedly? 

Understand that they are trolls. Simple as that.

• Plus1 2

So Omorosa ... amiright?

Ric & others that are more in line with supporting the current administration ... how do you feel about the most recent taped disclosure about the campaign using small dollar donors contributions to pay monthly stipend to former Trump employees from the WH.  Some of which were fired?

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Don’t we wish we had a president that respected law enforcement?

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Don’t we wish we had a president that respected law enforcement?

Or women?

Or muslims?

Or african americans?

Or the citizens of Puerto Rico?

Or gold star families?

Or third world countries?

Or mexicans?

Or political foes not in his party?

Or the media?

• Plus1 3

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Understand that they are trolls. Simple as that.

Why? Because they don't fall in line with yours and others views? Maybe they are saying that for every "factual" piece of evidence that people pull up opposing their view. That they can pull up just as many supporting it. The devil is in the details. Rank and file is neither healthy nor is it beneficial. Sometimes the field of neutrality and open mindedness is the one  to run on. Sitting in one endzone or the other isn't the way to go, more people need to be able to stand on the 50 yard line and look towards both endzones. 

Footballeze speaking :lol:

• Plus1 2

50 minutes ago, hskerprid said:

Why? Because they don't fall in line with yours and others views? Maybe they are saying that for every "factual" piece of evidence that people pull up opposing their view. That they can pull up just as many supporting it. The devil is in the details. Rank and file is neither healthy nor is it beneficial. Sometimes the field of neutrality and open mindedness is the one  to run on. Sitting in one endzone or the other isn't the way to go, more people need to be able to stand on the 50 yard line and look towards both endzones. 

Then post your facts.

Truth is truth. BS is BS.  If you have a problem with the facts I post, show me I'm wrong.

But if you're basing your stance on a belief, then this isn't the place for that. 

Beliefs are fantasies. 

Facts are facts. 

The most open-minded thing is bald fact.  Show me I'm wrong.  If not, then kindly stop trolling me.

You've quoted and responded to me twice.

Show me how the facts I'm posting are wrong.  If not, kindly stop quoting me.  Because I invested HEAVILY in defending you when the posse came for you about your avatar.  I spent hours and hours that I had no reason to spend defending you.  Why?  Because the fact was, your avatar was doing no harm.

And yet, despite that, here you are. Calling me out. 

Fact is, I don't appreciate that.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, hskerprid said:

Footballeze speaking :lol:

That isn’t what is happening here. We are talking about economic data. We have someone basically claiming that 1+1 isn’t 2. Sometimes people are just wrong. I’m tired of people thinking everyone’s opinion matters and we should be polite. We are talking about facts here. If someone says 1+1 isn’t 2, they are just wrong.

We have someone saying that a graph being truncated and only showing a tiny portion of the end of the data to make it look like a large growth rate or unemployment decline is the same thing as showing all of the available information. It’s utterly ridiculous.

I believe that is what Nebfanatic was talking about and what knapp is replying about. When you have someone denying basic numbers that anyone who graduated high school should be able to understand, you hope that it’s trolling because the alternative is worse. Chopping up parts of a graph of percentages or counts is done by people who are hiding something and/or trying to make themselves look better.

• Plus1 3

Then post your facts.

Truth is truth. BS is BS.  If you have a problem with the facts I post, show me I'm wrong.

But if you're basing your stance on a belief, then this isn't the place for that. 

Beliefs are fantasies. 

Facts are facts. 

The most open-minded thing is bald fact.  Show me I'm wrong.  If not, then kindly stop trolling me.

Show me how the facts I'm posting are wrong.  If not, kindly stop quoting me.  Because I invested HEAVILY in defending you when the posse came for you about your avatar.  I spent hours and hours that I had no reason to spend defending you.  Why?  Because the fact was, your avatar was doing no harm.

I'm sorry if you feel that I was calling you out, that was not my intent. I believe when you did very graciously defend me that I did PM you and thanked you for saving me from the noose of the posse. I guess that I have a tendency to focus questions to those that I respect more than others. People here look up to you and I have found your thought on an array of topics to be insightful and well educated.

I believe that what is dolled out to the public by pundits or news affiliates is flawed or skewed to an extent. I don't doubt what you believe to be factual. It's just that I have a hard time believing what I hear or read as of late is indeed factual. But I guess that is my problem.

Anyway, I didn't mean to give you the impression that I was trolling you. Mea Culpa

9 minutes ago, hskerprid said:

It's just that I have a hard time believing what I hear or read as of late is indeed factual.

Why?

16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Why?

Because many of the news outlets and magazines have their own agendas to push. Left, right, far left, far right seem to have their own slant or skew on the events  in the world and especially on the politics of this country. Too many people I believe, get caught up in their own rhetoric and sensationalism. Who knows what or who to believe anymore. I watch NBC nightly news sometimes  and the bias and race baiting is so blatantly right in your face that it belies sensibility. Fox news certainly has their own twisted version of things as well.

I see a nation unraveling from every side. No one side is innocent in their endeavors to portray the opposing side as fraudulent and too many people get caught up in the wave upon wave of half truths. 

On 8/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, knapplc said:

Then post your facts.

Beliefs are fantasies. 

Facts are facts. 

That’s such complete BS. At least 95% of the people here are relatively like-minded Trump haters. What passes for “facts” among you is a complete joke.

• Plus1 1

On 8/17/2018 at 9:55 PM, Moiraine said:

That isn’t what is happening here. We are talking about economic data. We have someone basically claiming that 1+1 isn’t 2. Sometimes people are just wrong. I’m tired of people thinking everyone’s opinion matters and we should be polite. We are talking about facts here. If someone says 1+1 isn’t 2, they are just wrong.

We have someone saying that a graph being truncated and only showing a tiny portion of the end of the data to make it look like a large growth rate or unemployment decline is the same thing as showing all of the available information. It’s utterly ridiculous.

I believe that is what Nebfanatic was talking about and what knapp is replying about. When you have someone denying basic numbers that anyone who graduated high school should be able to understand, you hope that it’s trolling because the alternative is worse. Chopping up parts of a graph of percentages or counts is done by people who are hiding something and/or trying to make themselves look better.

Obama himself said the economic numbers Trump is putting up were “impossible.”

Nuff said. For a President, Obama was a heck of a small-time community organizer.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That’s such complete BS. At least 95% of the people here are relatively like-minded Trump haters. What passes for “facts” among you is a complete joke.

I don't hate Trump. I hate treasonous misogynists who try to bully people who disagree with them, who attempt to destroy America's alliances and environment, who attempt to profit off of government, who practice nepotism, who flout the First Amendment and who try to suborn our legal processes. 

It's just coincidental that Trump does all these things.

:shrug:

• Plus1 4

I don't hate Trump. I hate treasonous misogynists who try to bully people who disagree with them, who attempt to destroy America's alliances and environment, who attempt to profit off of government, who practice nepotism, who flout the First Amendment and who try to suborn our legal processes. 

It's just coincidental that Trump does all these things.

:shrug:

That post added a ton to the conversation. Appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Obama himself said the economic numbers Trump is putting up were “impossible.”

Nuff said. For a President, Obama was a heck of a small-time community organizer.

Please provide the source of this quote.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Please provide the source of this quote.

Seriously. Post the keywords of my claim into the Google machine on your computer box and do a little heavy lifting of your own.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Seriously. Post the keywords of my claim into the Google machine on your computer box and do a little heavy lifting of your own.

Why don't you backup your claims? You throw these one liners out constantly without any sourcing, back it up. It's a simple request. 

Further more, the economy grew at 2.3% last year. It was similar in the first quarter of this year, and was at 4.1% in the 2nd quarter. I think analyst unanimously agreed that the 2nd quarter surge was due to Trump starting a trade war. Companies are buying up materials before the prices go up. We'll see how the year finishes, but I think most agree next quarter we won't see the same growth rate. Obama hit 4% or higher in 3 quarters during his presidency, and he wasn't gifted a stable and growing economy.

• Plus1 2