Biggest Concerns?

6 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

My only concern is fans having unrealistic expectations.

Honestly that’s how all fan bases are. You are going to have plenty that think their team is Natty bound. It’s just the way it is now a days. I think a majority of our fans and fans I have talked to have level headed expectations. Most I’ve talked to are just happy to have something to be excited about. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Ziebol said:

Honestly that’s how all fan bases are. You are going to have plenty that think their team is Natty bound. It’s just the way it is now a days. I think a majority of our fans and fans I have talked to have level headed expectations. Most I’ve talked to are just happy to have something to be excited about. 

I agree to a degree.  I think we have learned a lot as a fan base.  But honestly that's all I'm worried about. I am going to enjoy the process year one and 2 and look forward to being relevant in the conference and maybe nationally after that.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, kozzman555 said:

I'm secretly terrified that we (including myself) are getting our hopes up so much with HCSF. If this season, despite everything we hear, turns into a dumpster fire, showing the same dumb things we've seen from the last several coaches, I don't honestly know what will happen. I know we all talk about "measured/realistic expectations" but I think we are all expecting to see some dramatic improvements. If this team doesn't show this, how will our fanbase react? What if HCSF isn't as good as we think he is? I'm terrified of what will happen if he doesn't work out. I can deal with QB mistakes, needing to develop depth, but I don't know what'll happen if the coaching isn't up to snuff. 

Not going to lie - I have had these thoughts myself but always manage to talk myself out of it.  I think it's just because we can't seem to allow ourselves to think we can have nice things.

• Plus1 1

QB - First year in a new system that requires a paradigm shift from anything they have run before + no experience could/will get ugly at times. But will be stellar at other times. Should get better as the season progresses.

OL Depth, especially at tackle. Trouble if we have many injuries with the front five.

Defense overall. New coach + system will take time to get better. Pretty decent talent in spots but can they gel as a team? Still not convinced CB won't be a weak spot.

PK - Who knows????

Fans - unrealistic expectations among some of the message board fanatics could lead to ugliness although I think the general population has more realistic expectations. Fully expect some to be questioning Frost's hire before the season is over.

• Plus1 2

If I had a concern it would be with the offensive line . If they do their job well it makes everything work . We have a stable of good backs , a couple good qbs, and great receivers . If the blocking allows  them time and space to make plays,  our offense will be scary good . Depth at the ol positions isn’t great either and that’s a concern . I trust frost and crew to get this entire team playing at a high level so I’m really not that concerned . Damn I’m just excited to see this team and coaching staff in action  ! GBR 

OL. Which has been my biggest concern for the last few years, really. I think we have great guys in terms of potential, and I expect them to show plenty of improvement this year. But the problem is they were so far down under Riley that they could show huge improvement this year and still kinda suck.

• Plus1 3