Biggest Concerns?

21 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

@84HuskerLaw - at least according to OWH, Vedral will be running scout team.  I don't know if that is confirmed, but that's their claim anyway.  Article on where each class of Super 6 are now

Oh,   I thought UCF finally released him and so he was eligible to play this fall now and would not likely redshirt.   My mistake.  He would be a great scout team QB if he is a good enough passer.  You almost need a 'pro style' guy for that role.

13 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Oh,   I thought UCF finally released him and so he was eligible to play this fall now and would not likely redshirt.   My mistake.  He would be a great scout team QB if he is a good enough passer.  You almost need a 'pro style' guy for that role.

They did release and we were able to put him on scholarship, however, he must still abide by the standard transfer rules -- not eligible to play this year, but is on scholarship at least.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:48 AM, Pedro G said:

First thing, we of course won’t really know until games are played in order to determine the abilities of our RBs. With that said, everything I’m hearing is both Greg Bell and Devine Ozigbo are better than serviceable. DO has apparently really improved his quickness and speed — and is now considered a home-run threat, as is GB and MW. I’m a bit surprised that TB is not considered a breakaway threat. Isn’t Miles Jones supposed to be? Anyway, I feel real good about the talent we have at RB.  

Fair enough.   Bell and Ozigbo very well may end up being the guys we lean on the most.

I've commented on others lists, but not mine. I don't have that many, and the ones I do have may be more unknowns than true concerns.

Depth at tackle - I don't care what the list says, Jaimes is easily the most indispensable player on this team.

Outside CB - Nickel/Safety I'm not as worried about. Excited to see this group the most.

Pass Rusher - I think we will generate a rush, but may need to be creative. Not sure we have that outside threat.

Center - Snaps have been a problem in the past, and now it's all shotgun/pistol. Bad snaps kill drives.

34 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

Remaining healthy, if we can do that we should have a good season (not great), 8 wins, if not, 6.  

I think it HAS to be better than it has been, right?  I have to think the way they have weight trained, nourished, and practiced should help a lot.  Crossing all things that this is the year we remain reasonably healthy because of the Sunday through Friday prep.

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, brophog said:

Pass Rusher - I think we will generate a rush, but may need to be creative. Not sure we have that outside threat.

As long as Freedom is allowed to be Freedom again and the D-line as a whole is allowed to make plays instead of just taking up space, we'll be fine.

• Plus1 1

One of my biggest concerns is whether Gebbia can take a big time FBS hit.  The guy has a great work ethic and a huge heart.  But he looks skinny out there.  Almost frail.  Watch the play at 1:05 in the video above.  Everyone remembers the big run by Gebbia that apparently would have been a touchdown.  It wouldn't have been.  If that was a real game the play would have ended with a huge hit by the safety at the 40 yard line.  The safety pulled up because Gebbia was wearing a green jersey.  In a real game he would have knocked Gebbia into tomorrow.  Just sayin.. 

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, NUance said:

In a real game he would have knocked Gebbia into tomorrow.  Just sayin.. 

IMO he probably would've slid and picked up 5-ish yards or so.

Actually, let me rephrase that - I hope he would've slid and picked up 5-ish yards or so.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

At this point, given their histories, one would have to think Martinez is a bigger injury risk between the two.

Many players have played the game smaller than Gebbia, at positions that take more hits. If it were a big deal, we wouldn't be sitting so close to the first game with such a tight QB race. 

• Plus1 2

Amazing we're worried about the guy that's been doing nothing but lifting and conditioning for the last 2 years at Nebraska taking a hit but nothing is said about the guy who hasn't played a real game in 2 years and is coming off a serious shoulder procedure

I like Martinez as much of the next guy but its hilarious to watch people validate their opinions with randomness like this

• Plus1 5