Biggest Concerns?

On 8/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, Dilly Dilly said:

Put the koolaid aside for just one moment.  Tell me your deepest darkest fears for the 2018 season.

I'll go first.  I really have concerns about special teams.

We didn't get to see anything from the spring game in terms of KR/PR.  Whoever is placekicker, has never kicked a point or FG in a D1 game.  Our place kickers missed a fair amount in the bit we did get to see.  And, I have to be honest, I'm not convinced Dewitt spends very much time with the kickers.  I did vote him my favorite ass't coach, so i want him to prove me wrong in the worst way on all of the above.  But, in watching UCF games from 2016, that unit stunk on ice, and I'm being kind.

We do have some studs to return kicks, but will they be used well and not get killed on the return?

My deepest concerns about this season:

1.  Nebraska wins 6 or 7  games and unrealistic expectation fan begins to doubt Scott Frost ( I'll tell you right now you are an idiot.)

2.  A big-time uptempo team makes a huge 35 yd. catch at a crucial time, and the officials take 2 minutes to review. The catch, which was legit, all along is finally officially upheld.  Meanwhile the Defense regroups, gets it's wind back and holds that team to 3 points, when if it were not for misguided policies and priorities they would have given up 7.  NCAA thereby helps undeserving team salvage a " W"

3.  Commercial breaks become so frequent, that I forget which game I am watching, or run out of beer, or both.  Maybe football gets to be like the 10,000 meters in track: "We return you to action already in progress" 

4.  Fears down the line:  NCAA determines punts, kickoffs too dangerous, Extra points too mundane: So we eliminate altogether and just fit in another 2 minutes of ads to each break.  Game stays at 4 hours.  

5.  More fears down the line:  Any contact deemed to be a "hit" anywhere on any opposing player whether involving the helmet or not, whether said opponent is defenseless or not shall be deemed a personal foul punishable by immediate ejection.  All aspects of the game shall be as non-violent as possible.  

1 minute ago, dvdcrr said:

My deepest concerns about this season:

2.  A big-time uptempo team makes a huge 35 yd. catch at a crucial time, and the officials take 2 minutes to review. The catch, which was legit, all along is finally officially upheld.  Meanwhile the Defense regroups, gets it's wind back and holds that team to 3 points, when if it were not for misguided policies and priorities they would have given up 7.  NCAA thereby helps undeserving team salvage a " W"

3.  Commercial breaks become so frequent, that I forget which game I am watching, or run out of beer, or both.  Maybe football gets to be like the 10,000 meters in track: "We return you to action already in progress" 

4.  Fears down the line:  NCAA determines punts, kickoffs too dangerous, Extra points too mundane: So we eliminate altogether and just fit in another 2 minutes of ads to each break.  Game stays at 4 hours.  

5.  More fears down the line:  Any contact deemed to be a "hit" anywhere on any opposing player whether involving the helmet or not, whether said opponent is defenseless or not shall be deemed a personal foul punishable by immediate ejection.  All aspects of the game shall be as non-violent as possible.  

This isn't prophecy, you just read the NFL rule book.

• Plus1 1

My biggest concerns is having 3 losses in the first six games, close or not while rebuilding.  Not trying to steer the kool-aid train off tracks, because I dig it. 

I just think we are really excited but nowhere near to as good as we'd like to be.  Lots of new stuff needs to get done in games and it will be challenging.

• Plus1 1