Post-Practice Presser - August 15

Mavric

SEEN: Redshirt freshman Tristan Gebbia took the first rep at quarterback for every drill that featured the entire offense. He was joined by running back Greg Bell in the backfield. Stanley Morgan, Mike Williams and JD Spielman were the wideouts. True freshman quarterback Adrian Martinez and freshman running back Maurice Washington were together on the second-team unit. 

SEEN: More clarity with the defensive depth chart. The first group Wednesday consisted of Freedom Akinmoladun, Mick Stoltenberg and Ben Stille on the defensive line, Mohamed Barry and Dedrick Young at inside linebacker, Alex Davis and Tyrin Ferguson at outside linebacker, Lamar Jackson and Dicaprio Bootle at corner and Antonio Reed and Deontai Williams at safety. Second-team defensive linemen included Carlos Davis, Khalil Davis and Peyton Newell.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/sights-and-sounds-from-nebraska-s-practice-on-aug/article_62ea481e-d304-5a94-a625-6d27f2e78603.html

• Plus1 2

So many conclusion will be falsely made this week based on 25 minutes of media availability... humorous.  The media is just really hungry for news because they know we are all clicking everything they put out there right now.  Take it all with a grain of salt and wait for official words from the coaching staff in a about 10 days.    

17 minutes ago, brophog said:

Who says he is? The coaches say they're mixing units, cross training positions and plan to heavily rotate. A reporter sees a player get to the Gatorade first and proclaims them a starter.

Yeah that is fair. We will see come September 1st. I guess that is all that matters 

2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

So many conclusion will be falsely made this week based on 25 minutes of media availability... humorous.  The media is just really hungry for news because they know we are all clicking everything they put out there right now.  Take it all with a grain of salt and wait for official words from the coaching staff in a about 10 days.    

+1

Yep, and as usual, the typical or normal fans will hang on every word someone on the staff or even the press make, and take those or that comment, meaning, something totally different than it was meant to be. 

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Anyone else relieved to hear one of the coaches say something negative? It’s been all sunshine pumping lately.

They seem to be pretty genuine. When things aren't going well, they say so. It's rare to see a video interview where there exists a comment that couldn't be construed as being negative.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Anyone else relieved to hear one of the coaches say something negative? It’s been all sunshine pumping lately.

Count me in that group.

I had been wondering what the general lack of news regarding the OLine was all about. Seemed like the media wasn't talking about much more than depth and the coaches weren't really saying anything at all.

Not that I'm hitting the panic button or anything, but of all the position groups I was hoping to hear positive reviews about this camp, it was the OLine. I can only hope they keep making progress.

• Plus1 2