Tom Osborne: Nebraska's hire of Scott Frost saved school's home sellout streak

C N Red

Tom Osborne: Nebraska's hire of Scott Frost saved school's home sellout streak

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Former Nebraska Hall of Fame coach Tom Osborne said Scott Frost's arrival as coach has "lifted the mood of the entire state" and he thinks the Cornhuskers' hallowed streak of 361 home sellouts -- an NCAA record -- would have ended had Frost not returned to his alma mater.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24382194/tom-osborne-says-nebraska-hire-scott-frost-saved-school-home-sellout-streak

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

if i turn in my season tickets 5 seconds before the first game starts, does the sellout streak end?

No they have sellout streak insurance for this exact situation. So if you turn in your tickets the geico gecko comes personally to purchase them before the game starts.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

I liked this quote 

It's certainly interesting. He went from giving up his skybox to now attending practices with regularity and coming to the athletic department every week. He may have said giving up the skybox was for the AD to realize some revenue because he wasn't doing anything specific for the department, but, I have a feeling he wouldn't have given it up if Frost had been the coach.

I'm not criticizing. It just goes to show the difference in people when they feel like something is heading in a strong direction.

10 hours ago, BoSolich said:

if i turn in my season tickets 5 seconds before the first game starts, does the sellout streak end?

Don't do it!  Every time a fan cancels their tickets, Vals adds an extra layer of grease to their pizza at Memorial.  Think of the old people!!