Speedy Bell quietly makes presence known

NUance

Speedy Bell quietly makes presence known
By STEVEN M. SIPPLE Lincoln Journal Star  Aug 15, 2018 Updated 6 hrs ago 

<snip> If I'm reading Held right, his top four (in no certain order) are Bell, Bryant, Washington and Devine Ozigbo. Bell seemingly has an excellent chance to start. Held likes his ability to accelerate for big gains. Plus, the coach says Bell possesses a knack for "getting skinny" and slithering through cracks in the line, hence his nickname "The Eel."  LINK

"The eel".   heh.  :lol:

• Plus1 1

I know how much so many on this board like Bryant (the inside favorite as the best all around guy presumably), but if they are already having knee issues with him and we're only two weeks into fall camp and apparently he has had very little real contact or work, it would seem his knees are just not good enough.   He should redshirt and take 6 months off to maybe get them healed up if that is even possible.   If his knees are just made of mush, it may be wise for him to consider another sport or even other options.   I would hate for him to spend the rest of his life walking in pain or limping, etc over trying to play a hundred college football snaps.  Bad knees won't carry him into the NFL certainly.   

44 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I know how much so many on this board like Bryant (the inside favorite as the best all around guy presumably), but if they are already having knee issues with him and we're only two weeks into fall camp and apparently he has had very little real contact or work, it would seem his knees are just not good enough.   He should redshirt and take 6 months off to maybe get them healed up if that is even possible.   If his knees are just made of mush, it may be wise for him to consider another sport or even other options.   I would hate for him to spend the rest of his life walking in pain or limping, etc over trying to play a hundred college football snaps.  Bad knees won't carry him into the NFL certainly.   

If he can’t go is Jaylin Bradley the 4th back? 

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Who said it was his knee? 

Spoiler

Reports said it was an ankle

I think Bell will split carries with Washington. They have that 3rd gear we've been lacking since IMO, Roy Helu. I know, I know but Ameer Abdullah would run out of gas. He was an intermediate kind of runner who could get 10-25 yards a pop. I think in 2013 and 2014 his longest rushes were in the low to mid 40 yards.

Ozigbo clearly does not possess the speed threat Frost is looking for and guys like Bell and Washington naturally have that. I think Bryant is still sore with the knee and won't be ready to play right away. While I think Ozigbo will get playing time this year, I just don't know if it'll be at the beginning of a game or whenever it's on the line.