ESPN Anti-B1G - Pro SEC?

Creed

First, I admit the B1G programs have been deserved the negative press, sanctions, etc and the Urban Meyer/OSU sage is not over yet, but it seems ESPN ran with its narrative from the outset that Urban was a fraud and shady character.  These were comments from Paul Finebaum and other ESPN talking heads from the outset before all the facts were in. 

Do you think ESPN intentionally tries to knock B1G programs via negative press to support its primary partner, the SEC?

I can't find the screenshot, but there were side by side ESPN headlines from a few years ago.  It was "Oklahoma holds on to beat Tennessee 34-10" and the next week "Georgia rolls by Tennessee 35-32".  I have informally tracked ESPN CFB headlines and especially since last season (very successful for B1G vs SEC as whole being down) the ESPN headlines seem very bias.

Lots of Iowa player gets DUI, Minnesota player transferring, etc, vs Georgia signs another 5-star, Stidham feels at home now at Auburn, Saban dominates recruiting.  ESPN's Greg McIlroy saying go to Clemson (I realize they are ACC) to have fun vs going to SEC to win like at Alabama, George  and Texas AM

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Creed said:

First, I admit the B1G programs have been deserved the negative press, sanctions, etc and the Urban Meyer/OSU sage is not over yet, but it seems ESPN ran with its narrative from the outset that Urban was a fraud and shady character.  These were comments from Paul Finebaum and other ESPN talking heads from the outset before all the facts were in. 

Do you think ESPN intentionally tries to knock B1G programs via negative press to support its primary partner, the SEC?

I can't find the screenshot, but there were side by side ESPN headlines from a few years ago.  It was "Oklahoma holds on to beat Tennessee 34-10" and the next week "Georgia rolls by Tennessee 35-32".  I have informally tracked ESPN CFB headlines and especially since last season (very successful for B1G vs SEC as whole being down) the ESPN headlines seem very bias.

Lots of Iowa player gets DUI, Minnesota player transferring, etc, vs Georgia signs another 5-star, Stidham feels at home now at Auburn, Saban dominates recruiting.  ESPN's Greg McIlroy saying go to Clemson (I realize they are ACC) to have fun vs going to SEC to win like at Alabama, George  and Texas AM

No way. ESPN has an SEC bias? I had no idea.

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Yes they are. I thought I heard rumor that BTN tried hiring Finebaum?

On 8/17/2018 at 11:45 AM, Creed said:

Yes, there is no doubt about it. And it is very obvious why. The "Big Ten Network" is 51% owned by Fox (the ESPN empire's main competitor). Meanwhile, the so-called "SEC Network" is owned exclusively by ESPN. This is so laughably corrupt that it mirrors politics.

On 8/23/2018 at 10:09 PM, Nebraska Alum said:

Yes, there is no doubt about it. And it is very obvious why. The "Big Ten Network" is 51% owned by Fox (the ESPN empire's main competitor). Meanwhile, the so-called "SEC Network" is owned exclusively by ESPN. This is so laughably corrupt that it mirrors politics.

The reason it mirrors politics is because there is a lot of $ involved.