Riley to Bookie: “If you were my son, I’d tell you to go to Oklahoma,’”

Regarding Riley :  Anybody could see in his last few matchups with big programs in the Pac 12 he couldn't get the beavers over the hump.  They werent even getting up for in state rivals.  

So it begs the question If you cant beat the teams in the PAC 12 how are you gonna do it in the very well established B1G?  

We know the answer now.  

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

Which just goes to show that people don't really care about things like being nice vs mean, hiring your buddies vs hiring the biggest name mercenary coaches, etc. People only care about winning. If you're not winning, you'll criticize every decision as the wrong one, but if the next guy is winning and making all the same decisions, you'll think they're the best decisions since the forward pass.

Exactly...we are all hypocrites.  It makes things so much easier to understand when we all just accept it.

Frost could have come here and coached the entire team by himself and I would have thought it was the best move ever.

5 hours ago, Oade said:

Paul Chryst from Pitt to Wisconsin. Obviously a different situation, but still.

And the odd part is, even in hindsight I think we were right to fire Bo. For as much as he deserved a shot as HC, he proved that he wasn't a good long term fit here either.

I have no problem with firing Bo, hiring MR is one of the most stupid decisions in the history of mankind.

• Plus1 2

Weird. I don't know what to make of this.

From the article, If Nebraska, Mike Riley part ways? It would be ‘a huge mistake,’ Tristan Gebbia’s dad says, posted 10/7/17 :

Chris Hawkins, director of recruitment with Ground Zero Football, “Every kid I got who got a Nebraska offer wouldn’t gone there. Most of the kids that got Nebraska offers, they would drop Nebraska — Oklahoma would be the school of choice, if [the current staff] was going to leave.”

I'm starting to think we're in an echo chamber

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Gage County said:

From the article, If Nebraska, Mike Riley part ways? It would be ‘a huge mistake,’ Tristan Gebbia’s dad says, posted 10/7/17 :

Chris Hawkins, director of recruitment with Ground Zero Football, “Every kid I got who got a Nebraska offer wouldn’t gone there. Most of the kids that got Nebraska offers, they would drop Nebraska — Oklahoma would be the school of choice, if [the current staff] was going to leave.”

That is weird that Oklahoma keeps popping up. Maybe the Cali people thought Lincoln is Mike Riley’s son?

31 minutes ago, Gage County said:

I thought it was really mature of Gebbia to stay after his dad made that idiotic statement that California kids would stop coming here if we fired Riley.