Barfknecht to Leave OWH

30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Lee Barfknecht defied logic and reason when he gave his 1997 AP vote to Michigan despite clear evidence on the field that they would not, could not be a legitimate champion. Lee allowed his personal biases to affect his sober reporting of the facts.

Lee then spent TWO DECADES leeching off the carcass of the very institution he helped run down. He was the grave robber who returned again and again to the sarcophagus, digging jewel after jewel out of the crown.

The platitudes dished out in his name are understandable. Good people react goodly to even ungood things.

But man, these next two weeks of feting this clown are going to be just about unbearable. 

Wow, what a statement lol. In case anyone else was wondering what the bolded meant here it is:

a stone coffin, typically adorned with a sculpture or inscription and associated with the ancient civilizations of Egypt, Rome, and Greece.

To sort of add to this, I think the reddit thing he participated really showed the OWH he was not good. He got downvoted more times than not and they may have let the people speak. Now there are obvious trolls but when you get 30 or so downvotes it is no accident. To vote Michigan the champ is honestly just baffling as well. He never will answer the question either, he just finds some way to avoid it with some lame response so he says something. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

What did we do wrong this time?

https://www.cornnation.com/2018/7/10/17551530/lee-barfknecht-ama-reddit-bad

We did wrong...like asking Lee how much c**k he liked to suck, but to your earlier point in this thread, Lee also brought this on himself with his hypocrisy and willful ignorance about Nebraska football. Plus, some of his AMA responses were pretty damning as well. 

Lee ultimately cherry picked crap questions from Nebraska fans to try and dogpile on them, only to have folks ask why this no-talent ass-clown was asked to do an AMA in the first place. (Answer: he was a former president of the FWAA, and this was set up some time in advance. So Nebraska fans had time to prepare...) Lee ignored a number of legitimate questions from Nebraska fans and other teams...

...and while this looked somewhat bad for Nebraska fans on the Reddit page (the person running it isn't exactly a Nebraska fan to begin with, so take the dig with a grain of salt), it looked even worse for Barfy.

Frankly, the door can't close on this piece of excrement fast enough. I don't think I would have sabotaged an AMA on Reddit to get back at him...but damn, he generated all of the vitriol he got due to his actions. He will not be missed by fans. 

The Reddit Mods brought this on themselves by not having clue one about who/what Barfknecht is. If they had vetted their AMA guest better they'd have known he wasn't the person to bring in. 

Sorry. Nebraska Fan isn't worse than Alabama Fan or Iowa Fan, and to make the statement that they're not sure they want to do another Nebraska-centric AMA out of fear of that group of fans coming back.... sheesh. 

Whatever.  I like /r/cfb.  But it's a different breed of cat over there.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Reddit Mods brought this on themselves by not having clue one about who/what Barfknecht is. If they had vetted their AMA guest better they'd have known he wasn't the person to bring in. 

Sorry. Nebraska Fan isn't worse than Alabama Fan or Iowa Fan, and to make the statement that they're not sure they want to do another Nebraska-centric AMA out of fear of that group of fans coming back.... sheesh. 

Whatever.  I like /r/cfb.  But it's a different breed of cat over there.

I didn't say Nebraska fan was, but per one of the mods that I know personally, this is the only time they've ever had a fanbase  arrive early to ask a guest to suck their dick and or seen a group of fans 'have it out' for an AMA guest in their history of doing it. 

Lee was supposed to be one of a series of FWAA writers to be their B1G preview. I agree they probably could have vetted him better, but they also aren't a legit media organization and Nebraska wasn't an intent of focus on their end at all.

We've got a nasty online sub group of our fanbase. I'm not saying it's worse than anyone else, and I'm not whining about it, but it's still nasty. 

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I didn't say Nebraska fan was, but per one of the mods that I know personally, this is the only time they've ever had a fanbase  arrive early to ask a guest to suck their dick and or seen a group of fans 'have it out' for an AMA guest in their history of doing it. 

Lee was supposed to be one of a series of FWAA writers to be their B1G preview. I agree they probably could have vetted him better, but they also aren't a legit media organization and Nebraska wasn't an intent of focus on their end at all.

We've got a nasty online sub group of our fanbase. I'm not saying it's worse than anyone else, and I'm not whining about it, but it's still nasty. 

If there's a Lee Barfknecht covering Bama, if there's a Lee Barfknecht covering Oregon, if there's a Lee Barfknecht covering Ohio State, they'll get that response & worse.

They chose a guy who makes a point of being as antagonistic toward the fans he ostensibly reports for. A guy who's best-known online for blocking people who have even the slightest disagreement with him. 

I mean... what do you expect when that's the guy you choose. 

Pick Sam. Pick Dirk. Pick Sipple. Pick any of the Hail Varsity guys. Pick literally anyone else and you get a different response. 

Tell your Mod friend if they choose not to cover Husker stuff in the future because of that AMA they're badly misrepresenting the tenor of Husker fans to the rest of /r/cfb. 

• Plus1 2