Barfknecht to Leave OWH

Lee was, by far, the worst choice for that AMA. He earned a ton of the flack he got on there as well (not the graphic stuff, mind you).

I haven't been visiting r/CFB for long (a little over a season), but I've found it to be far more well reasoned and kosher than a lot of subreddits over there. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

And not very far in on Link 1 you can find our very own Landlord piling on a bit.  That's weird!

And again at the bottom:

Weird response considering you seem to ignore and not engage any of the facts comparing the two teams.

• Plus1 1

I may be in the minority on this board, but I thought Lee was a very good reporter, in terms of how he reported on the conferences and the various teams.  People didn't agree with Lee's opinions at times, and he could be bristly with those who disagreed with him.  As a reporter, Barfknecht's job was to remain "neutral" and report on the facts, what he sees with his eyes, and the results of the games/seasons.  I thought he did a good job of that.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Landlord said:

I didn't say Nebraska fan was, but per one of the mods that I know personally, this is the only time they've ever had a fanbase  arrive early to ask a guest to suck their dick and or seen a group of fans 'have it out' for an AMA guest in their history of doing it.

That should tell them something about the guest, not the fans. Especially since it's freakin' Nebraska fans who aren't really known for being a bunch of assholes (comparatively).

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

That should tell them something about the guest, not the fans. Especially since it's freakin' Nebraska fans who aren't really known for being a bunch of assholes (comparatively).

Online Nebraska fans, especially the twitter and tweet at croots crowd, are very often a bunch of assholes. But probably not any moreso than any other big blue blood program's online fans. We're actually, in my estimation, overall a lot better than most.

• Plus1 2

This is likely related to Barfknecht's decision to "retire." 

Omaha World-Herald makes staff reduction

The Omaha World-Herald today laid off 10 employees in various departments. In addition, five staff members have decided to retire.

The changes affect about 3 percent of the newspaper’s staff.

World-Herald President Phil Taylor said the decisions were difficult but necessary given current financial challenges. He pointed to positive signs for the newspaper’s future, including rapid growth in digital subscriptions and increases in many digital advertising categories.

• Plus1 2