Huskers vs. #7 Florida, #18 Oregon

1 hour ago, man eating mastodon said:

I didn't get to see the game,anyone have any details?

I was there.  I think the biggest letdown was the defense/passing as well as serving.  It just was sloppy and not  up to the usual Nebraska standard.  I was disappointed in Foecke and Maloney (did better late in match), I just expected better from them as the two seniors. Densberger and Slaughter had rough matches. Slaughter got pulled in 3rd for freshman Capri Davis and Davis should continue to start until Lexi Sun returns from injury.  Stivrins had a nice match tonight and was one of few hitters that did.  I can accept the mistakes a lot more from the freshmen because this is there first college match. There is a lot of young talent on this team and once the timing improves from setter to hitters and as the defense gets better, this team will be really good again. Hames is really good serving and defensively. Once that timing gets better, she is going to be great. 

Side note: Thayer Hall from Florida is really really good especially with it being her first college match and going to be a phenomenal player. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Nebraska looked big, slow, and clumsy. Florida looked like a well-oiled machine with all the right parts.

I wouldn’t say that Florida looked like a well oiled machine. They really didn’t hit that well either (only .182) and struggled at times too. They were better and more cohesive than the Huskers were but were far from a well oiled machine. I don’t expect many teams to be well oiled machines to begin the season though. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, huskersrule95 said:

I wouldn’t say that Florida looked like a well oiled machine. They really didn’t hit that well either (only .182) and struggled at times too. They were better and more cohesive than the Huskers were but were far from a well oiled machine. I don’t expect many teams to be well oiled machines to begin the season though. 

Compared to Nebraska I thought they looked like a Maserati. We have a good coach though and I think he'll get it straightened out. I was eating at Merle's in Emerald  and saw the 2nd and 3rd sets. Thought we looked like a Texas football team full of top high school recruits who are used to being the star but don't play well as a team....just my first impression.