When Will the Huskers Be Ranked?

Mavric

Top 25  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Nebraska would have to start the season 6-2 to be ranked, unless they do something shocking like beat the non-con by 20+ points apiece.

The fact that we weren't even in "others receiving votes" means despite hiring the hottest coach in the market last year, nobody thinks Nebraska is any good. They're not inclined to vote for us, and if we rack up four or five losses, we'll get put in the "wait 'til next year" bin and ignored.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

This is an interesting question. Since we’re starting so low we’d probably have to knock off Michigan, Wisconsin, OSU or MSU, games I don’t believe we will win. I’m going with “Not this year”

A 6-2 Nebraska team with losses to Michigan and Wisconsin is more than likely going to be ranked unless we’re trounced by them. 

That said if we go on after that to lose to OSU, MSU and Iowa, we’d be unranked going into bowl game but maybe ranked after a win.

If we beat MSU and/or Iowa I believe we’ll be ranked before the bowl game.

Despite the massive amounts of Kool-Aid flowing right now, we will probly end up with at least three or four losses.  We'd definitely be ranked with three losses, and maybe even with four losses.  Finishing 9-4 with a bowl win would get us ranked.   

• Plus1 3
55 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Blowing out the 1st 3 and beating Mich - we squeak into the poll at @ 25 because the AP writers know a good story when they see one :koolaid2:

This.  Right or wrong, Nebraska is a potential cinderella story this year and that will make the sportswriters give us possibly more credit than we are due.  That being said, if we start out 4-0 we will be ranked on our own merits.  

• Plus1 2

51 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Nebraska will be ranked after blowing out all 3 non cons. Nebraska ranked vs a potential top 10 Michigan is to good of a story to pass up. Add to that frost and khaki pants have a little history from Frost's first year at ucf. The ap wont want to pass that up. Nebraska ranked 24 going into the big house.

Plus you will have all the 97 Nebraska vs Michigan narrative to build up hype for that game.

• Plus1 3